Kids C&A Enrollment

Hi All,

I’ve just checked in for our very first cruise and was able to link my husband and my C&A numbers to the booking. 

We live in the UK so are not auto enrolled and joined C&A via the app prior to checking in.

My question is, how do I get my kids their own C&A member number? I’ve scoured the website links for crown and anchor and there is no option I can see to join or link family members. Would I be as well waiting until we’re on the ship and speaking with guest services?

We are pre-gold, so nothing riding on it, I just want to make sure they can accrue points for the future. 

Thanks!

I waited until just before both my kids turned 18 to get them their own C&A number. I was told if they have their own number before they're 18 they only accrue the points from the cruises they took but if you wait until just before they're 18 they inherit the level you are at. I don't know if this has changed or if I had it wrong but it worked out well for us because now both kids are just shy of diamond. Happy cruising!

Kate

1 hour ago, Katiemay0101 said:

I waited until just before both my kids turned 18 to get them their own C&A number. I was told if they have their own number before they're 18 they only accrue the points from the cruises they took but if you wait until just before they're 18 they inherit the level you are at. I don't know if this has changed or if I had it wrong but it worked out well for us because now both kids are just shy of diamond. Happy cruising!

Kate

My 8 and 11 year old were both Diamond on their last cruise due to our status.  If I understand correctly, minor children inherit that status level of their parents, but once they turn 18 they will not advance to the next level until they personally accrue the necessary points.  Our personal example: both my sons have 42 points but are currently Diamond because of my status.  If we don't hit Diamond + by the time they're 18, they'll have to earn the 175 points on their own to advance, but they will maintain their Diamond status even if they haven't gotten to 80.  In other words, minors won't lose status once they hit 18, but at that point they have to reach the next level solely based on their own point total.

2 hours ago, Katiemay0101 said:

Kate

No need to wait.  Our son had our status and accrued points simultaneously.  Since we cruised as a family, it really didn't make any difference.  There were separate C&A benefits for kids at the time, so he received his own letter in our stateroom based on his/our status at the time.