Help, I need advice about re-booking a cruise.

Due to potential conflicts with my July 7th Alaska cruise, I may be forced to reschedule/change dates.  I know RC charges $100 pp to rebook, but my questions are:

1) Does it matter if I re-book before or after final payment?  Final payment is April 8th and I would like to wait as long as possible before re-booking in case the current date works.

2) Is there anything else I should consider in this current state?

Thanks in advance!  

Technically after final payment they don't have to allow the $100pp change fee.  That fee applies to NRD deposits and once you reach final payment due date, the type of deposit is irrelevant.  All that matters after final payment due date is the cancellation fee schedule which applies to everyone, all deposit types.

Having said that sometimes they will allow the $100pp change fee after final payment due date but generally not close in to the sail date.  That's never a sure thing though.  

You best bet would be to make the change before final payment due date and not the day before, rather a few days before.  

Get Travel Agent who will work the issues for you. Prices on alternative cruises will increase, so the sooner you get a date you can commit to, the better off you are. Make sure you have travel insurance and understand coverage for cancellation.

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

Technically after final payment they don't have to allow the $100pp change fee.  That fee applies to NRD deposits and once you reach final payment due date, the type of deposit is irrelevant.  All that matters after final payment due date is the cancellation fee schedule which applies to everyone, all deposit types.

Having said that sometimes they will allow the $100pp change fee after final payment due date but generally not close in to the sail date.  That's never a sure thing though.  

You best bet would be to make the change before final payment due date and not the day before, rather a few days before.  

That's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming for me.

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you wait until after final payment date has passed a much larger (than $100 PP) penalty will be applied.  If you must move your cruise make sure you do it before the final payment date. 

That's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming for me.