Free Diamonds International Charm

I'm going on Harmony next week with my family and am scrolling through the list of daily activities on the app.  Every day I notice there is a "Collect Your Free Diamonds International Charm" and was curious what that was like.  I know they are looking to sell you a bracelet or some other jewelry and I won't personally step foot in the store.  However, my 15 year old daughter might be interested in collecting a charm or two throughout the trip.  Does anybody know if you are subjecting yourself to a long-winded sales pitch when you go to those events?  Or will my daughter be able to simply show up, pretend she's interested for a few minutes, and then get out?  Also - do the daily freebie charms change daily, or are they always the same?

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I believe @Lovetocruise2002’s daughter(s) might have snagged one or 2 in the past ?

They collected the Effy charms. Not the Diamond International ones. I imagine it's the same idea though. They would have to attend each talk/seminar and they would not give it out until the very end.

OMG--I used to collect those "free"jewelry gifts all the time when I cruised in the Bahamas when I was younger. It is a silly, but a fun experience.

You would get a little chain bracelet with the initials DI on it, and at different ports you could pick up charms like an anchor, or a ship, etc.  The jewelry is pretty low budget and has no real value, but I used to share with my nieces.

Nobody will bother her if she just goes to each of the different port shops to collect a charm, but on the cruise ship she may have to put up with a bit of sales information for about ten minutes or so.  

DI really hopes to sell you a pair of diamond studs for thousands of dollars, or something similarly expensive, so your daughter can just say Mommy and Daddy have all the money (ha ha)!

1 hour ago, PhillyLady said:

OMG--I used to collect those "free"jewelry gifts all the time when I cruised in the Bahamas when I was younger. It is a silly, but a fun experience.

You would get a little chain bracelet with the initials DI on it, and at different ports you could pick up charms like an anchor, or a ship, etc.  The jewelry is pretty low budget and has no real value, but I used to share with my nieces.

Nobody will bother her if she just goes to each of the different port shops to collect a charm, but on the cruise ship she may have to put up with a bit of sales information for about ten minutes or so.  

DI really hopes to sell you a pair of diamond studs for thousands of dollars, or something similarly expensive, so your daughter can just say Mommy and Daddy have all the money (ha ha)!

And to add to the story, years ago when we collected the charms, my wife discovered she was missing a few, so she ordered more online. Not sure where they are now. 

I don't do the seminar ones, but I do like to go to the stores in port. So far, I've never been pressured to look at anything. I go up to a person and say "I'm here for the charm" and they dig one out of a box and hand it to me without any pressure or upsell. Even if I linger and admire the other shinies, they tend not to bother me.

But it is just a charm with a loop to go on a bracelet you should already have. I have so many at this point that this year, Im planning to take them on board and see if I can find a "gold cut by inch" to make into a bracelet for them