Check in date App Vs Website

Ok, so this happens to me every trip.

Getting close to check in date and App has 19th, Website 20th. (Drives me nuts). So I end up sitting at the ready between 11pm and 1am (Play it safe for time zones and slow IT issues) both nights to cover my tail. 

I know others have talked about this. Does anyone find the closer day/date is more likely the actual date or the later?

And I know 45 days. But then you get into count day of etc etc. 

This bug anyone else? LOL.

Someone just posted on Facebook. 

When your app has one date for check in (my case March 19th), but website has another (my case March 20th), it has to do with what time zone you are in vs the ship. 

Idea being those on East Coast have a midnight check in on March 20th, but those in central time have an 11pm check in on March 19th. 

I've never seen anyone have a better explanation of why App vs Website have 2 different check in dates. Also some of the Facebook group have check in on App as 19th and some 20th. Even though one person on EST says she has 19th and not 20th. I always thought it was an IT issue. Now I'm wondering if the app can tell your time zone and sets your check in date based on this??? At least for most, but one poster says not working that way for her. It's a little mystery that bugs me like crazy. Still doesn't explain why my app date fluctuates between the two days for months on end. LOL. 

Royal never makes anything easy. LOL.

Since today is the 19th you can let us know if you had success checking in!  If not…then apparently tonight is the night!  
I am an EastCoaster and I’ve had 2 different check in dates for my May cruise.  It’s either March 31 or April 1.  No biggie to me…I will check the first date and if that one doesn’t happen, oh well, the second date will be just fine!

7 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Since today is the 19th you can let us know if you had success checking in!  If not…then apparently tonight is the night!  
I am an EastCoaster and I’ve had 2 different check in dates for my May cruise.  It’s either March 31 or April 1.  No biggie to me…I will check the first date and if that one doesn’t happen, oh well, the second date will be just fine!

Nope. Once it hit midnight ship time both App and Website said closed for check in. Then I knew the 24 count down for tonight had begun. LOL.

Apparently if your app has a check in date a day earlier then the website, it's because the app is telling you to check in at 10pm / 11pm etc your time the day before. Or technically an hour or two before the date change. So 11pm March 19th CST and Might March 20th EST. But that looks like they are saying a day earlier at first glance. I just automatically know to do things at 11pm my time for midnight EST. Tonight is the night! I'm jazzed. Hoping to bar code trick my cabin assignment. I love the surprise. I truly enjoy not knowing what is in the box. LOL.