Room Swapping

For our sailing next year we put the kiddos in their own room. However, when booking I divided them up because I was afraid it wouldn't be allowed due to ages. Our daughter will be 15 and our son 12 when we sail. We don't have a connecting rooms they are just next to each other. The "boys room" has a on board credit that I would like to use part of for my drink package as well as my husbands. Will RC let me switch the kids around into a room of their own and let my husband and I be in one on paper? This way I can use the credit for both of our drink packages. (soda and refreshments) TIA

One original person must remain on the reservation. I imagine the OBC is tied to the reservation. So either you or your husband needs to be assigned and the OBC should be put under you. But if the reservations are linked, you can purchase the drink packages in cruise planner with the OBC.

19 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

One original person must remain on the reservation. I imagine the OBC is tied to the reservation. So either you or your husband needs to be assigned and the OBC should be put under you. But if the reservations are linked, you can purchase the drink packages in cruise planner with the OBC.

When I booked the cruise I put my husband as the main person making the reservation. This meant that the OBC went to his room, which shows our son being in the room. My room is linked because I made the reservation for three total rooms at the same time. (The third is for my parents) However, when I go into the RC website and choose his room it shows that there is an OBC. It doesn't do that if I choose my room. That's why I was thinking that it's for his room only. However, it may not matter if his soda package takes all of the OBC. 

You can buy cruise planner items for other reservations as long as they're linked.  I've personally done this several times in the past and for future cruises.  So in your case, if login to your husband's account and then go into your husbands reservation, you can purchase a drink package for your reservation if they're linked.  You can verify your reservations are linked if you see both reservations when logging into your husbands account.  If you don't see the linked reservation, just add it with the "Add a cruise button" at the bottom of the page