Hotel for Sailing from LA

I am weighing the option of staying at a hotel near LAX or in San Pedro for a cruise on Navi in September the night before embarkation. The rates in San Pedro are pretty reasonable, and its been many years since I have been in that area. In terms of my In N Out fix, it would be much easier by LAX because the one in San Pedro is 2.5 miles away from the Crowne Plaza where I am considering staying.

Does anyone have any thoughts about either location?

I live 13 minutes from the pier in Los Angeles. Either hotel option works. If you want to stay in San Pedro, you can consider using Uber Eats to deliver In-N-Out to you at the hotel. It should be pretty inexpensive.  Or you could consider taking Uber/Lyft to & from In-N-Out from the hotel. A 2.5 mile ride should also be inexpensive.  In my opinion, San Pedro is a much nicer area to stay in than LAX and it's much closer to the ship in the morning too.

I've stayed at the Hampton just south of the airport for it's walkable proximity to a In n Out and a Ralphs. It was a "just shack up for the night" stay. In the morning I went back to LAX and took Royal's shuttle to the port.

Will I do it again for an anticipated Quantum sailing? Well...LA offers so much pre cruise, the "just shack up for the night" is really selling a great port short, and in turn selling myself short. So...likely not.

I shouldn't need to remind you of some really good shore diving in the LA area.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I have to mention the Queen Mary as a candidate hotel.  From Long Beach it's a 10-15 minute Uber ride away from the port and I'm a big fan of the QM.  Such amazing history.  

I checked it out actually, and while I would love to do it, the cost is high compared to other options, and I have been on board her in the past.

1 hour ago, bobroo said:

I've stayed at the Hampton just south of the airport for it's walkable proximity to a In n Out and a Ralphs. It was a "just shack up for the night" stay. In the morning I went back to LAX and took Royal's shuttle to the port.

Will I do it again for an anticipated Quantum sailing? Well...LA offers so much pre cruise, the "just shack up for the night" is really selling a great port short, and in turn selling myself short. So...likely not.

I shouldn't need to remind you of some really good shore diving in the LA area.

I grew up there, and while I would miss new stuff...the been there done that thing makes me want to keep it simple. The only thing I might do is see if the Dodgers are in town. Thanks.