Brightline questions

Cactus527

I'm looking at potentially taking Brightline to get into Miami. I'm a bit confused by the luggage.

If I have 2 large bags (have to be checked luggage on the flights), 1 carry-on bag, and my personal item, does this mean I only need to pay for 1 carry-on bag since 2 + personal item are included? Is the luggage free if I do the Premium versus cheapest ticket? Or, is it better to just show up there and try to figure it out at the terminal (with ticket in hand)?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

I'm looking at potentially taking Brightline to get into Miami. I'm a bit confused by the luggage.

If I have 2 large bags (have to be checked luggage on the flights), 1 carry-on bag, and my personal item, does this mean I only need to pay for 1 carry-on bag since 2 + personal item are included? Is the luggage free if I do the Premium versus cheapest ticket? Or, is it better to just show up there and try to figure it out at the terminal (with ticket in hand)?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

You might be going a bit out of your way unless you really want to ride the BL (it is nice!) I would say less hassle to just hop in an Uber. 

2 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

You might be going a bit out of your way unless you really want to ride the BL (it is nice!) I would say less hassle to just hop in an Uber. 

I was thinking that too; however, understanding the luggage situation is now on my list of things to do. 😂

All but one time I've brought my luggage on the train with me. And I'm talking giant suitcases that I would have no choice but to check on an airplane.

There's a luggage rack at one end of each train car, plus the overhead rack.

When I've chosen the Smart rate, I've never paid for luggage by just bringing it onboard.