Changing specialty dining time on the ship

jbrinkm

If you purchase a specialty restaurant in the planner before your cruise, can you switch the time on board without paying the difference, as long as the time slot is available? I am trying to guess the best night to do a specialty dinner but I don't really know what dinner we want to skip until we're on board...

9 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

If you purchase a specialty restaurant in the planner before your cruise, can you switch the time on board without paying the difference, as long as the time slot is available? I am trying to guess the best night to do a specialty dinner but I don't really know what dinner we want to skip until we're on board...

I don't want to just say "YES" b/c we know stuff like this may vary but we had no problem switching our time for dinner one night on Allure in October. I'm also pretty sure we did this one other time a couple years ago on Indy.

7 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Yes. We did this. We took advantage of those C&A special rates that they had a while back. On day one, when I checked the app, I saw that neither of our two disliked MDR menus coincided with the days we had specialty dining booked. No extra charge.

However, to change, you need to go to the actual restaurant. The staff at the kiosk can only change time slots booked on board. It took them 20 minutes of trying before they finally figured out why they couldn't do it for us.