NYC tour with RCL before getting to the airport

Goldie 2001

I took it to La Guardia.

We were late getting docked and the terminal was hopelessly backed up. We had to wait for at least an hour longer than planned, so we were late getting started.  Therefore my start time of 10am should not be taken as normal. It's also possible that they removed some planned stops to get us to our flights on time. 

We had  great driver.  He took us in to Manhattan. We were allowed about 45 minutes to explore the world trade center area on our own. We drove around Manhattan where the driver pointed out significant landmarks like the bull on Wall Street and some historic buildings. 

Then we went on to La Guardia. 

Was it a great tour? No. But it was a decent way to pass some time and see a little of New York. When you consider the cost of cab fare to La Guardia from Bayonne,  I thought this was a bargain. 

I think a pre-flight tour of the city would be wonderful.  We tried doing it on our own before our cruise, but became hopelessly lost in a culture that lends very little hospitality.  We gave up and went back to our hotel in Bayonne, even before we left the train tunnel at Penn Station.

I would love to see the city in a guided tour.👍

My teen son and I flew a redeye to Newark and then had a flight to Europe in the evening.  This was a weekend day and we had an absolute blast touring NYC on our own.  First, we rented a car, drove to Manhattan and parked near the Statue of Liberty boat trip terminal.  We took the earliest Statute tour.  Upon our return, we visited sights around a deserted Wall Street and got brunch.  We then took the subway to the museum at the start of the High Line walk, which we both loved.  We walked the High Line and then marveled at the strange stair globe structure at the end ( it is enormous).  I think we may have stopped for ice cream on the High Line (I loved that walk).  Next, we wandered to the Empire State Building and did the tour; it was very well done for a building tour.  At this point, we found another meal and made our way back to the car via subway.   We found said car and returned to the airport for our flight to Europe.  It was a truly memorable day for a mom/son duo!

I reserved the Statute of Liberty, museum, High Line, and Empire State Building ahead.  This was in 2021 and COVID restrictions existed.  Thus, I would guess that reservation are not that necessary anymore.

Visit does bus manhattan from the port. We also have a free time of 45 minutes at the world trade center. It allows to leave the cape liberty terminal easily in group, luggage is ready and stay on the bus, we arrive at the airport without worry (EWR for us on 09/02).
It was very convenient.

Haven't done one of these from Bayonne but we regularly do them from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. They aren't cheap but, for us, the comfort and convenience factor makes them worth it.

Note that they will not take chances on a late arrival at the airport. We, too, once had a late start, in our case caused by guests putting the wrong tags on their luggage, which resulted in part of the excursion being cut to ensure timely arrival at the airport.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2024 at 4:17 AM, Goldie 2001 said:

Has anyone done this tour? if so any info appreciated like what time does it start where it goes and when are you dropped at the airport? we will be flying out of newark. thanks for info!

If anyone has experienced this tour, please share details on the starting time, itinerary, and drop-off time at Newark Airport. Your insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! instagram pro 2

meeting tour in theater at 8:30

departure bus 9:00

bus tour in manathan, in front of central park, 5th avenue, times square, wall street...

freetime in groundzero : 30mn

newark airport at 12:45/13:00 (each gate separate)