Will be interesting to see how the price increases play out Anthem to Odyssey same week next year

I was on Anthem last week.  
someone just posted about the $2,000 price increase for the same week/same cabin category  next year when they bring Odyssey to NJ.  It can be argued that it’s a newer ship, but it’s also minus an indoor pool which means kids will be granted access to the solarium  for set hours during the “cold “ days

many on the post say they are looking at other cruise lines for next year.  It will be interesting to see if Royal can get the prices they e set.

IMG_2662.jpeg

Dynamic pricing. When demand is high, prices go high. If demand falls, prices will fall.

I’m booked on the Odyssey next year Feb 8, 2025…8 night…the price is pretty close to the 8 night Anthem cruise this past week.

But I book my cruises pretty much as soon as they are available. Back when I booked, they were still worried about the post-Covid comeback and priced accordingly. Now that demand has skyrocketed…prices have risen. Glad I got in when I did.

**I'm also a bit curious as to why they took the Anthem, with her indoor family pool, away from the Northeast and replaced her with the Odyssey. I know Anthem is scheduled for an extensive dry dock period in Singapore. But without that climate controlled indoor pool area…the first and last two days will be pretty crowded in the Solarium…more than usual. It’s already like the Hunger Games trying to find a lounge chair on sea days.

6 minutes ago, BrianB said:

**I'm also a bit curious as to why they took the Anthem, with her indoor family pool, away from the Northeast and replaced her with the Odyssey.

I imagine the constant complaints from many Bayonne regulars about the same old ship, same old shows, same old...etc.

Long term it will be interesting to see if a different Q class ship comes back to the Atlantic side.

31 minutes ago, BrianB said:

@twangster Could be…🤔 - But the ship is always sailing at or above capacity. I’m not really sure the company would be that responsive to customer preferences if they are not directly related to a drop in demand. Maybe just a timely shuffling of the deck.

After experiencing the Odyssey MDR it's going to be hard to go back to the earlier Q class MDR.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

After experiencing the Odyssey MDR it's going to be hard to go back to the earlier Q class MDR.

That’s something to look forward to  I’m booked on Odyssey next year-booked it 2 years ago due to the ridiculous price they had wanted for the following year cruise.  The cost I had for an Anthem JS couldn’t get me a balcony.  I’ll be trying out a regular OV for the first time on a Quantum class.(had a spacious OV  once-way to much walking back and forth to the cabin)  I didn’t mind the interior with the virtual balcony-I’m sure an OV should be fine.

We were also on Anthem last week. We always book a year out, so I booked next February's cruise while onboard. I have already researched and chosen what I want before I go, saves time.  But in looking at Odyssey for next year, I couldn't do it. For slightly less I booked a 9 night in a balcony than an ocean view on Odyssey would cost. Yes I now have to fly, but the hotel cost is offset by the parking at Cape Liberty. And I get 2 new to me ports. 

We are trying MSC this October out of Brooklyn, will see how it goes. Royal and MSC seem to be the only ones to sail out of NYC in the winter. At this point we are looking to try other lines since Royal is becoming more costly. I may find I don't care for other lines, but I won't know until I try.