parking options

All about convenience and $$$. Offsite parking is cheaper but a hassle, hauling luggage and waiting for a shuttle. Depending on the length of the cruise the savings might not be worth it.   On a long or transatlantic cruise, we drive over from Florida’s West Coast, renting a car one way, and drop it off 2 miles from the pier. Otherwise I drop my wife and luggage off, park at the port, and figure the price for convenience is part of the cruise price. 

If you park on the surface lot, stay away from the spaces with trees - I heard that some of the trees drop a sap-like substance that it brutal to get off and/or birds sit in the trees, eat, and do bird things on cars.

We were directed to a lot in front of the ship when we sailed on Odyssey.  My wife is disabled so we got a handicapped spot right along the fence (red Toyota hidden by palm).  The walk was short along a sidewalk to the terminal but we had to walk up the side to the front doors to enter (she has a scooter, I walked and MIL walked but took many breaks) - the red line is the walk and the orange circle is where we parked.  You can see the other lot shown too in the satellite image - the lot we would have prefered was the one across from the doors to the terminal but because we arrived early as people were still leaving, they wouldn't let us park there.

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.15.28 PM.png