Ports : SYDNEY, Australia

Heading on Ovation on 12th Mar and got my luggage tags today - very excited! I’ve read on some older posts (2019) that at Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) guests coming on board don’t really respect the designated check in time and large queues start from pre-11am.  What’s the current etiquette - go via the app?! Do staff enforce the allotted times? 
thanks 🛳️🛳️🛳️

For Sydney, bag drop open from 8.30-9.00. They will start boarding around 11am, however usually large lines around then, after midday they usually just let you through, and by that time there's rarely any queues. You'll be on the ship in less than 15 minutes.

I think we might be on the same cruise. Cruising to New Zealand 10 nights? If so yay! It depends when you get there, if you get there between say 10am to 1pm, that's usually when the lines are the longest, cause people wanna get onto the ship as early as possible and get to the pools, buffet etc. If you go after 2pm, there's usually no line. On all of my Royal sailings, I got to the port at around 1pm, and there was still a line, but it wasn't insane. 

YMMV.