Main dining room

Hi everyone! I got a question concerning MDR. On all the past cruises I've made, my family ate in the MDR for dinner. Last cruise I sent an email to RC to tell them we would like to be seated next to a window(my wife as seasickness so being able to see the horizon helps her a lot) but they did not comply... Is there any way possible to choose on what deck we want our table and where? What if somebody's party would like to be seated next to guardrails so they can see the decks below while eating? Let me know if we can do anything about that or we are just stuck with whatever RC chooses and afert first dinner we try and fix the situation with our waiter... Thank you for your help and time. 

When we know we'll be dining in the MDR in the evenings we try to deal with table preference the first night of the cruise. If you don't like where you're seated, kindly talk with the maitre d' later (ideally when not busy with their duties) and explain your wish.  We have always found them to be quite helpful.  I think if you approach it the right way they will do their best to help you.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:48 PM, happy cruisers 2 said:

When we know we'll be dining in the MDR in the evenings we try to deal with table preference the first night of the cruise. If you don't like where you're seated, kindly talk with the maitre d' later (ideally when not busy with their duties) and explain your wish.  We have always found them to be quite helpful.  I think if you approach it the right way they will do their best to help you.

Try this approach...  a $20 in his paw. 😉 

We got lucky last time, had our TA put in the request and we were at a window. We emailed the time before, and got a railing seat looking down at the other two floors of MDR, which was still better than being right in the middle of the room.