ICON - unlimited dining plan inclusions

Hi everyone,

We’re from the U.K. and set to sail on Icon in early Feb. 
A few questions if anyone can assist.

We are sailing with friends in different cabins and have all purchased the unlimited plan, Royal have linked our reservations for dining purposes, but state this is only for main dining. They say it’s impossible to note our request for a common first night courtesy dining reservation together. They say to simply amend this on board when we book the remaining weeks dining reservations. Is that correct?

What’s actually included?

So the usual suspects of Chops, Giovannis, Hooked and Izumi are included as always.

I appreciate supper club carries a surcharge similar to the the chefs table.

The $20 per day credit per a la carte venue such as playmakers. Does this also apply to Pier 7 and the top up items at basecamp?, What about Izumi in the Park? RCCL Facebook staff can’t even answer this and have suggested to check once onboard. I think that’s poor from RCCL, to expect a customer to purchase a plan when they can’t confirm what’s actually included!!

Similarly, is Captain Jacks included on CocoCay?

Any further information greatly received!

Thanks so much!

From the terms of the UDP:

Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge. Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. Empire Supper Club is included, with a $130 surcharge.

Not valid for: Celebration Table, Izumi in the Park, Chops Grille premium cuts, Main Dining Room premium items, Taste of Royal, Chef's Table, Culinary Activities, and Holiday Celebration Dinners.

I think it has been mentioned that Pier 7 and the extra cost items at Basecamp would be covered by the a la carte credit.

26 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

From the terms of the UDP:

Izumi Sushi is a prix fixe menu or $39.99 food credit.
Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge. Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. Empire Supper Club is included, with a $130 surcharge.

Not valid for: Celebration Table, Izumi in the Park, Chops Grille premium cuts, Main Dining Room premium items, Taste of Royal, Chef's Table, Culinary Activities, and Holiday Celebration Dinners.

I think it has been mentioned that Pier 7 and the extra cost items at Basecamp would be covered by the a la carte credit.

Hmmm...no Izumi in the Park.  That's very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

@CGTLH Thanks for the reply. 

I’ve seen the terms online so I guess as you advise that shows no inclusion at Izumi in the Park which is a shame. 

You’d think that if a venue is not included as an exclusion in the terms, by definition it would be included. 
However Matt’s latest podcasts states top up items at base camp are excluded as RCL consider this snacks and not dining. 
l’ve no idea how an excluded burger and fries at base camp differs to that at playmakers! 🤦‍♂️ 

As for Pier 7 still non the wiser. 
Rang RCL and emailed, may as well not bothered as they haven’t got a clue, which is poor when 10 days from sailing and paid over 1000 bucks for unlimited dining for a family. 
It seems on icon unlimited is far from unlimited!

• 2 months later...