Ft Lauderdale & San Juan Back to Back

Has anyone done a cruise from Florida, and on debarkation day, fly to San Juan and embark on a San Juan cruise? 

Specifically we are considering a 2 night cruise on Oasis in Oct 2025 from Ft Lauderdale, then fly to San Juan and do a 7 night cruise on Rhapsody.

This would be our first time trying to cruise back-to-back, and obviously back-to-back departing from two different cities. I called Royal and they said the Rhapsody leaves the port at 8:00pm, so in theory we should have plenty of time to fly there, especially if we disembark early. 

Are we crazy to try this? What pitfalls can you think of that we have not?

Thanks everyone,

JJ

3 hours ago, JeffJaje said:

Has anyone done a cruise from Florida, and on debarkation day, fly to San Juan and embark on a San Juan cruise? 

Specifically we are considering a 2 night cruise on Oasis in Oct 2025 from Ft Lauderdale, then fly to San Juan and do a 7 night cruise on Rhapsody.

This would be our first time trying to cruise back-to-back, and obviously back-to-back departing from two different cities. I called Royal and they said the Rhapsody leaves the port at 8:00pm, so in theory we should have plenty of time to fly there, especially if we disembark early. 

Thanks everyone,

JJ

Anything is possible but staking a vacation on an airline schedule these days is a gamble I wouldn’t take. If everything went right and you ideally boarded a plane from FLL before noon then you just might make it. 

7 hours ago, JeffJaje said:

I think it is a quite doable as long as you do a direct flight with good departure and landing times.  I would definitely buy travel insurance that covers the entire trip, though, just in case.

If I were in your flip flops; the two nights on Oasis is like kissing your sister. I'd, as @smokeybandit suggests, take that Oasis money and spend it at a nice San Juan resort; the Carib Hilton is my go to San Juan hotel if you need a recommendation.

But canceling a leg of a S2S cruise does not mean that it can't be reworked to a two week long B2B on Rhapsody. Rhapsody's itinerary will be different both cruises and cruise fare is certainly cheap enough and ya' know, as long as you are in the neighborhood, why not?