Best excursion on St. Kitts and Nevis?

14 minutes ago, YoungFamilyExplorers said:

Anyone have any great recommendations for excursions here? We did the train the last time and it was fun but we’d like to see more of the island and or some great beaches if possible. 

thanks!

Spice mill beach break was a good option. The beach is beautiful and the beers are iced cold & cheap. The only issue we had (family of 4) is the lack of organization at the pier and then again once we arrived at the beach. Nobody seemed to have a clue and it was complete chaos. The good news is once the dust settled it was a very relaxing day at the beach. The van ride to the beach showcased the island with a stop at a mountaintop view point for photos. Very cool. 

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_3811.jpeg

IMG_1696.jpeg

IMG_3823.jpeg

We hired a local driver name Randy James (I'm a single mom, two teens) and he was fantastic, and very reasonably priced! His phone number for contact is 1 869 669 7561. He did tell me that his maximum is 12, if that pertains to you at all.

We went to Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park, Romney Manor and Caribelle Batik, for a drive up Timothy Hill, a stop at a beach club for a swim and snorkel, and he dropped us on request at a local restaurant within walking distance of the port to try some delicious and authentic cuisine. He is a veritable walking encyclopedia of knowledge of the history and nature of the island, quiet spoken and very friendly and I would hire him again if we ever returned. I'm certain he could arrange your day with any activities you had in mind.

If you want something with RC, the catamaran to Nevis is pretty awesome. They take you to a secluded beach and park the cat right on it for a lunch and swim.

Another option is kayaking with snorkeling. You kayak to multiple beaches and snorkel in one of the bays.

12 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I have not been to St. Kitts yet, so the following is not a recommendation. It's just for your information and you'd need to do your research on them but I have seen Thenford Grey Tours highly recommended over on CC:

https://www.thenfordgreytours.com/

I've been on the Thenford Grey Tours myself, and COMPLETELY recommend them!  We did their "grand tour" of the island.  Our guide (Thenford Grey, himself) was the most personal and professional gentleman of a tour guide, and was an absolute walking encyclopedia of knowledge on the island (being born and raised there).  Again, highly recommend them!

8 minutes ago, MarvinS said:

I've been on the Thenford Grey Tours myself, and COMPLETELY recommend them!  We did their "grand tour" of the island.  Our guide (Thenford Grey, himself) was the most personal and professional gentleman of a tour guide, and was an absolute walking encyclopedia of knowledge on the island (being born and raised there).  Again, highly recommend them!

Thanks for sharing. This is very helpful. 🙂