Miami Marathon Sunday 28th January

We cruised on this day last year- you'll hit a little traffic, but the street closures will basically be done by 10am. We took a little longer to get in, but it was more because of the construction at the port than the marathon- getting TO the port was basically no problem, and you should be fine. Give yourself a few extra minutes just in case. 

22 hours ago, Bazza said:

Hi.

Just seen that the Miami marathon is Sunday 28th, day of our Oasis cruise! 

Looking at route its right by Port Miami. 

Check in booked for 11.30....anything need to worry about??

Planned to get uber from MIA hotel about 10.45....

Thx. 

Uber around 10:45 might have you sitting in traffic. As much as I like to board early, suggest leaving hotel around 11:30 to allow the roads  to open up. 

11 hours ago, Biaggio said:

“Ran” into this problem last year. Streets near the port were closed waiting for the remaining runners to finish. Traffic was literally stopped. As I recall we were stopped from around 9:30 to 11. No getting around it. 

We sat in traffic at around 11, but I think that was because the tunnel into the port had rolling closures for construction, we left the hotel around 1030ish and had no issues in the streets themselves, it was the port that was a total mess. So like you said, if you wait a little bit-closer to 1030-11, the streets should be ok.  They actually held our ship (Oasis) up for a few hours because of the port construction making such a mess.