Ravenna, Italy ???

rjac

I am doing a b2b this summer on Explore out of Ravenna. My plan is to fly out of Canada to Venice on Monday, arrive on Tuesday morning. Stay in Venice Tuesday-Friday. On Friday I am taking the train from Venice to Ravenna and am staying there for the night and then will take an Uber/taxi to the port the next morning. On the last day of the b2b I am taking the Royal Caribbean shuttle to Venice. 

40 minutes ago, Last2Know said:

We're also doing a B2B from Ravenna.  Any idea what the B2B procedures are for Italy?  

No idea. This is my first b2b. 10 and 11 cruise on RC but first b2b. I’m hoping for easy. I’m also excited as the after the first cruise I will be diamond. So I’m planning on talking to the loyalty ambassador once onboard to get that for my second sailing. 

30 minutes ago, Kelseylovestocruise said:

No idea. This is my first b2b. 10 and 11 cruise on RC but first b2b. I’m hoping for easy. I’m also excited as the after the first cruise I will be diamond. So I’m planning on talking to the loyalty ambassador once onboard to get that for my second sailing. 

Congrats on making Diamond!  We've done several B2B in the US but this is our first time trying it overseas.  Also making our way to Venice after Ravenna and meeting our daughter there for a long weekend before flying back.

2 hours ago, Last2Know said:

We're also doing a B2B from Ravenna.  Any idea what the B2B procedures are for Italy?  

Should be no different from a b2b elsewhere. You'll get instructions from Royal the last cruise day before you get to the embarkation port. Very easy, all the b2bers get off the ship together, get a new sea pass card and then reboard ahead of the rest of the cruisers. The reason you have to get off the ship is to clear you out off the computer passenger list so it shows a 0 count. Very painless and not a lot of time. Enjoy! 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, last September on enchantment, we did the B2B at Revenne.
Nothing! In the first cruise, we confirmed at the Royal desk that we were in B2B. We were on the list. On D-Day, we had a meeting point at the MDR. We enter on one side, we scan the pass, we are given the new pass, we go out the other door. It’s all over!

On 12/31/2023 at 10:03 PM, rjac said:

Should be no different from a b2b elsewhere. You'll get instructions from Royal the last cruise day before you get to the embarkation port. Very easy, all the b2bers get off the ship together, get a new sea pass card and then reboard ahead of the rest of the cruisers. The reason you have to get off the ship is to clear you out off the computer passenger list so it shows a 0 count. Very painless and not a lot of time. Enjoy! 😎

This is correct for b2b sailings in the US, where a 0 passenger count is required before the next cruise can begin boarding.

However, this is not a requirement in Europe (which is why cruise lines can do interporting there, i.e. have passengers embarking and disembarking at any number of ports on a given itinerary). This makes doing a b2b in Europe a much easier process as @cedricmr explained in their post.

As a caveat, the process may be different when arriving in Europe for the first time at the end of a transatlantic cruise. I don't know how that scenario works.