Questionable email from Delta today

happy cruisers 2

I'm curious if anyone else is receiving email from Delta that seems a bit odd or questionable?  Mine was sent from [email protected] (that's the exact address).  That immediately caught my eye, as it just doesn't look right.  The email otherwise looks mostly legit.  It has our flight confirmation number, which it calls a Trip Confirmation number.  It states that our flights (still months away) have been "impacted by schedule adjustments."  (That part doesn't seem odd, as we all know the airlines like to change it up to suit them and not us.)  There is a link to delta.com but I didn't click on it.  

The really odd thing is that our return flight shows outdated info, as it doesn't refer to the latest flight number and times we've received from Air2Sea a couple weeks ago.  Also, I'm questioning why we are getting this notice from Delta and nothing from Air2Sea (which is normally what happens).  So....   in one area of the email there is the option to select seats, which we haven't done yet and I chose not to click on this link in the email.

After thinking about how to handle this, I chose to log onto the Delta web site (not through the email message).  It still shows the flights that we last knew we have, along with the times I last saw (but again, our return flight doesn't match what this email shows).  I did go ahead and make seat selections on the Delta site.

I'll wait a few days and see if Air2Sea notifies us of any changes, but something tells me this email might not be legitimate, even though it has our confirmation number and some flight info (albeit not the most recent info we had been given).

Has anyone else had this kind of situation?

I know that a TA could sort it out, but we chose to use Air2Sea for these flights and I just didn't feel like dealing with the phone call this morning and whomever I might get on the other end.

Our itinerary change in November for a flight next month also came from that "g." address. Now our email had a box around the segments which changed.

We have a TA but the email came directly from Delta.  If you download the Fly Delta App you could probably verify everything.

29 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Our itinerary change in November for a flight next month also came from that "g." address. Now our email had a box around the segments which changed.

We have a TA but the email came directly from Delta.  If you download the Fly Delta App you could probably verify everything.

ChessE4, your change notice sounds identical to ours.  We have red boxes that highlight changes.  Having used Air2Sea for these flight arrangements, I find it odd that they (Air2Sea) were not the ones sending us a change notification.  That is the way things have always been in the past when we make flight arrangements through them.

It's interesting that the flights and times on the Delta app match what Air2Sea last sent us, and not what this email shows.

As Dan Curtis said, I should probably call Delta.  No matter what I do, Delta will certainly find ways to make more changes before this cruise that is still 8 months away.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The other option is to log on to delta.com and enter your name and confirmation number. No need to click any links in the email if you are concerned.

I did log on to delta.com (and selected our seats) instead of clicking on any links in the email.  Today, I called Delta and talked with a very helpful customer service agent.  She agreed that the g.delta.com address is not what they use.  I asked her to give me our flight numbers, departure times and arrival times.  The email showed prior (old) return flight info; not what the Delta web site and app (and Air2Sea) currently show.  The agent felt that the email was possibly not legitimate.  I don't know what clicking on the "choose seats" links would have requested from me, but the email already had our email address, names, confirmation number, travel dates, etc.  All of the fine print on this email sure appeared to be from Delta.  I don't know.  Too many ways to be taken advantage of through scammers!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, twangster said:

g.delta.com is a legitimate domain for Delta.

Good to know.  Thanks, twangster.  Why a Delta customer service person wouldn't know this, I don't know.  It still makes me wonder why Air2Sea didn't send their usual flight change notification though.  Something just seems off with how this email came from Delta, and with outdated flight info as well.