Earliest boarding time for Freedom?

iipabrewer

I know that different ships/itineraries have different earliest boarding times (apparently in part impacted by when the prior cruise completes). I'm cruising out of Miami on Freedom on the 29th and have been trying to determine what time is the earliest boarding time. The on-line system gave me 1PM, but I suspect there is earlier that might not have been available. I'm Platinum and staying in a Junior Suite (so no real check-in perks). FWIW, I tried calling C&A support but they claim said they have no visibility into ship boarding times. 

I believe our ship arrives in Miami the day before our cruise so not sure why it would have just afternoon boarding. Has anyone gotten on Freedom in the last year in the AM?

Actually, priority boarding is one of the few perks that you DO get with a JS.  Make sure you line up in the suites/Pinnacle line outside the terminal and you will be allowed into the terminal as soon as they open the doors, regardless of what your arrival time says on your boarding pass.  Once boarding begins the suites/Pinnacles will board first to at worst, simultaneously with GenPop.  Freedom docks at Terminal A so you will be in the Suites holding pin which is very nice.

31 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Actually, priority boarding is one of the few perks that you DO get with a JS.  Make sure you line up in the suites/Pinnacle line outside the terminal and you will be allowed into the terminal as soon as they open the doors, regardless of what your arrival time says on your boarding pass.  Once boarding begins the suites/Pinnacles will board first to at worst, simultaneously with GenPop.  Freedom docks at Terminal A so you will be in the Suites holding pin which is very nice.

Thanks, so I just need to figure out when boarding starts :). I'll have a 2 year old so don't want to arrive before boarding starts.

44 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

^^^^^ This. Tooo add the the great information provided by @WAAAYTOOO, I have been onboard Freedom with a Red stripe beer in hand by 10:45am. The Suite/Pinnacle boarding is quick & efficient. 

3 hours ago, iipabrewer said:

Wow 10:45! Do they start boarding much before that?

In generally 10:30 might be the earliest you can get aboard the ship. YMMV because for any of a number of reasons actual boarding could be delayed. That means they will check you in and you have to wait in the terminal until the ship is ready.