Guaranteeing seats at Hibachi with UDP

Wilson

We have a group of 10 sailing on Mariner for a 4 nighter. Everyone has purchased the ultimate dinging package and would like to do Hibachi. Current policy does not allow us to book day and time ahead. Based on experience there is no way they are going to have room for all of us at the same time for dinner if we have to wait until we board. Anyone know if we could we purchase Hibachi now allowing us to all pick same day/time and then once onboard explain we have UDP and get a refund or OBC? I called customer service and they said all cruise planner purchases had to be cancelled 3 days prior to sailing. We have cancelled excursions immediately upon boarding and received obc. 

I think the tables take only 8 so your party of 10 will be split regardless.  On the buying it and cancelling work around, YMMV.  Many have had success doing it, but they also have been cracking down on it.

Recently there is indication that the policy of not being able to book until onboard is going away so i think that would give me hope.

I can't give you a definitive and it's your risk to take, but if it were me, I would book it separate, pay for it and take my chances on the refund.  I do think you're going to have to go 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 across 2 tables though.

We did this with a group of 9 on Wonder. We made a list of all of our staterooms and assigned a couple to run to each restaurant upon boarding. We were able to fit our entire group at a different restaurant every day. For Izumi Hibachi, we did have to settle for a 9pm dining time which turned out to be so much fun as we were the only group left. 

• 4 weeks later...