Port Canaveral on your own?

RCIfan1912

Me and my kid loved the Golf N Gator place- we took the city bus from right outside the port, about 10 minutes or so on the bus. Drops you off right in front of the place- it's two mini golf courses with gators and turtles visible in ponds and cages as you play, at the end you can pay a few extra bucks to hold a baby alligator and feed some in a pond.  There is also a go kart track and arcade attached but we skipped that part. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 4:02 AM, Sealegs said:

I have also heard a suggestion of renting a car and driving A1A. Has anyone done that, and if so where would we go/what would we do on that road? No kids on the cruise, just one happy couple. 🙂

We've always had a rental car and stayed busy just driving around, including Disney World.  I don't know what your schedule is, or how long you'll be in the Cocoa Beach area, but we drove all the way to Key West.  Maybe the nicest drive I've ever taken. 

And as far as restaurants go... Out on the pier at Cocoa Beach there is a restaurant.  Don't know what it's called, but you can't miss it.  I thoroughly enjoy eating there. 

https://www.cocoabeachpier.com/dining/pier-62-oceanfront-restaurant-bar/menu/

8 hours ago, WAYNO said:

And as far as restaurants go... Out on the pier at Cocoa Beach there is a restaurant.  Don't know what it's called, but you can't miss it.  I thoroughly enjoy eating there. 

https://www.cocoabeachpier.com/dining/pier-62-oceanfront-restaurant-bar/menu/

+1 On the pier. Always a relaxing dinner after our drive down from NC.