Key Question

Eggbert

This is concerning a 7 night Alaska cruise next August for my wife and I. We have never bought the Key before but right now it is being offered for $26.70 with the internet offered at $24.91 per day. I know that is often the deal breaker with the Key. My question is - do BOTH people have VOOM® Surf & Stream 1 Device, or is it 1 internet package per room? Thanks in advance.

Since Alaska is a US State, I had cell and data reception all but about a day and a half. Is internet REALLY something you cannot disconnect from for that short of time and spend the $$ on excursions which can be quite pricy for this itinerary? I was also able to walk onto the ship in Seattle with no wait. I personally would have been pissed had we bought the Key since it had next to no value. We also avoided WJ by booking a cheap lunch at Jamie’s. There are better ways to spend your money

58 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

Since Alaska is a US State, I had cell and data reception all but about a day and a half. Is internet REALLY something you cannot disconnect from for that short of time and spend the $$ on excursions which can be quite pricy for this itinerary? I was also able to walk onto the ship in Seattle with no wait. I personally would have been pissed had we bought the Key since it had next to no value. We also avoided WJ by booking a cheap lunch at Jamie’s. There are better ways to spend your money

Good points, thanks. Apparently the early embarkation stuff isn't valid out of Vancouver. We are dual citizens but live in Canada so we have to pay for a U.S. plan but it is certainly less than Royal. One thing is for sure - these Alaska excursions are pricey!