Oasis class floor 3 room question

jbrinkm

We're on Symphony of the Seas in March - my parents are cruising with us for the first time, so I'm handling all the arrangements. Surprisingly, I think their guarantee room was already assigned. I made a boarding day lunch reservation and they had a room number that makes sense next to their names. They did a GTY ocean view and the room is a 2N oceanview on 3rd floor.

However, it is half of a connecting room and pretty far down, close to the dining room. So a few questions:

1. Do you think we can ask our travel agent for a swap in the same category, this far before the cruise? We weren't expecting an assignment this early! There seem to be quite a few non-connecting rooms, same category, on the starboard side (they were assigned port side and the only room left portside is worse than theirs) - any advantage/disadvantage to one side or the other on this floor?

2. Has anyone stayed on the 3rd floor on Oasis class before, and how was the noise? Better/worse on either end? Do you get a lot of people cutting through between the dining room and the theater? Does the noise from the photo stations travel into the residential space during/after the late dinner seating?

We absolutely know that you get what you get when you do GTY and if the swap doesn't happen, it will be fine. Also hoping to just give them a sense of what their room experience might be like...

I was on deck 3 of Harmony last year. It was the lowest floor I had ever stayed on. I heard absolutely everything my neighbors said and because I was midship, I was very close to MTD room and had to deal with that. The line would almost stretch to my room on certain nights, which meant I had to go the other way to get around. I think once the room is assigned, you can try to get a swap at least once. 

Room was reassigned! A little further from the dining room, and more importantly, NOT connecting. 

@Ampurp85 do you think the MTD line would it have been worse if you were closer to the actual dining room or better? I'm totally drawing a blank on how the room hallways intersect with the rest of this floor. And it sounds like the walls may be thinner down on deck 3? I only see this room category still available on the third floor so I think they're stuck there, unless I encourage them to bid higher (which I don't think they are going to want to do...).

11 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Room was reassigned! A little further from the dining room, and more importantly, NOT connecting. 

@Ampurp85 do you think the MTD line would it have been worse if you were closer to the actual dining room or better? I'm totally drawing a blank on how the room hallways intersect with the rest of this floor. And it sounds like the walls may be thinner down on deck 3? I only see this room category still available on the third floor so I think they're stuck there, unless I encourage them to bid higher (which I don't think they are going to want to do...).

This was a unique 5N on Harmony and I think MTD was a mess for this sailing. It snaked to my room because I was very close to the exit and MTD room. It was close to the last midship rooms before aft rooms started. It was my location; I only had a few rooms walk before I got to the hall that led to the area. It was Sept 2022, so things were just picking up steam, but kinks hadn't been worked out. I personally think you can hear more the lower you are, but that might be dislike of lower decks talking😂

Thanks @Ampurp85! Here is a screenshot of the deck plan with MDR and the yellow highlight is the region where their new room is - if you remember, would you say you are were further down, or about here? I'm now wondering if I can put in a RUB for them as part of their Christmas present but if their room is fine, I'd rather pay for them to get a package of some sort (beverage, internet, etc.). They are retired and on a fixed income. This cruise is a big vacation splurge for them. 

2023-10-27(3).png.4d1f1d25043ff9ba60ba3e39f7424aa5.png

On 10/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Okay I just looked at my documents and I was assigned 3825, so your parents are much further from the dining room. As you can see, I was only a couple of rooms from the elevator and leading out to the walkway to the dining room.

Thank you so much for checking on that. Hopefully they'll be ok! I am curious to see what the RUB minimums are for our sailing and we *might* still look into upgrading them. But it is good to know that information in case it doesn't work out.