Air2Sea - will they ever get back to me?

SarahBarah

My family of 6 is booked in two cabins that will set sail May of 2024. I was able to book flights for one reservation but received an error message when trying to book the flights for the second reservation. I cleared cache/cookies, tried a different browser, tried on my mobile phone, and still no luck. I emailed their support 6 weeks ago (airseagfo@rccl.com) but still have not heard back. Their initial auto-generated email says not to send follows up because it will delay the process further. Anyone know how long a response is supposed to take? 

I will be calling -- just curious if I fell through the cracks or if this is common.

11 hours ago, SarahBarah said:

Does anyone have information on their turnaround time via email?

Normal turn around time can be anywhere from right away to forever.  Yours looks to be, and is certainly not alone, in the forever pile.  I would be shocked if you get a response to it at this point.

17 hours ago, SarahBarah said:

My cruise is still 8 months away so I am in no rush.

Yes but the flight prices are rising every single day you wait to book! I always book the day the date becomes available for booking, prices only go up from there these days. 

18 minutes ago, DDaley said:

Yes but the flight prices are rising every single day you wait to book! I always book the day the date becomes available for booking, prices only go up from there these days. 

Still not completely true. In fact, it's often the case that prices are higher on the day they get released. The reason is that airlines are trying to judge demand and often throw out high prices to see if people bite. If they don't, it's common for them to come down as airlines try to find that sweet spot. It really is a crap shoot...I fly about 130,000 BIS miles each year and book flights for others that total another 500,000 BIS miles each year, if not more, and we see everything. A few weeks ago we were booking a couple of tickets between Kansas City and Accra, and the prices changed five times in seven days while we waited on the contract to be signed...up, down, up, down, and down some more (yay) before we booked. 

12 minutes ago, Zacharius said:

Still not completely true. In fact, it's often the case that prices are higher on the day they get released. The reason is that airlines are trying to judge demand and often throw out high prices to see if people bite. If they don't, it's common for them to come down as airlines try to find that sweet spot. It really is a crap shoot...I fly about 130,000 BIS miles each year and book flights for others that total another 500,000 BIS miles each year, if not more, and we see everything. A few weeks ago we were booking a couple of tickets between Kansas City and Accra, and the prices changed five times in seven days while we waited on the contract to be signed...up, down, up, down, and down some more (yay) before we booked. 

Yep, this is how it used to be for me as a travel booking assistant for a major company when I was in my early twenties, we never booked on release and sometimes waited till weeks before to score the best deals! Unfortunately this has not been he case for any of my travels since Covid. Every trip we’ve been on (to Cancun, Jamaica, Miami, Tampa, Greece, Canada, Seattle, SF, Michigan and San Juan PR) since then has the lowest prices on release day and then never went down again!! For 4 of these we booked Air2Sea so I checked almost every day for reprice eligibility and not one of them ever was lower than release day, sadly. I did love that I got our most recent flight to Seattle at $127 each on release day and it was up to $585 a few months before we left!