Pre-Trip Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

tx2tn

• 3 weeks later...

I can't provide a personal recommendation (yet!), but we are booked at the Cambria Suites next month:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d1583915-Reviews-Cambria_Suites_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport_South_Cruise_Port-Dania_Beach_Florida.html

They got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Trip Advisor, give free shuttle transfers to/from the airport and $5/pp transfers to the port. Breakfast doesn't appear to be included (not a deal breaker for our group). Good luck and enjoy Oasis!

I can't provide a personal recommendation (yet!), but we are booked at the Cambria Suites next month:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34168-d1583915-Reviews-Cambria_Suites_Ft_Lauderdale_Airport_South_Cruise_Port-Dania_Beach_Florida.html

They got 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Trip Advisor, give free shuttle transfers to/from the airport and $5/pp transfers to the port. Breakfast doesn't appear to be included (not a deal breaker for our group). Good luck and enjoy Oasis!

I've had good experience at Cambria Suites in both Miami and DC. They're a newer chain with new hotels and are fully suites or mini suites depending on the room booked. The only downside is that their laundry room is a single washer and dryer. I also don't know if the FLL location offers any type of shuttle service.

• 2 weeks later...

Embassy Suites, $9 cab ride from FLL to this area of town, Total Wine 1 block away and restaurants
and its 1 mile to the port.   Residence Inn Across the Street, Holiday Inn Express and Hilton Marina

all in this area and super easy to get to Port from here - just focus on 17th Street in FLL.

Just visited in August.

More high end try Marriot Harbour Beach, right on the beach and 2miles from Port

• 3 weeks later...

Embassy Suites, $9 cab ride from FLL to this area of town, Total Wine 1 block away and restaurants

and its 1 mile to the port.   

We stayed here before our November 2012 cruise and enjoyed it, nice breakfast in the morning and shuttles to the port (I don't remember if there was a fee for the shuttle, if there was it must not have been enough to warrant noting).

In April 2014 we stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina... well, I should say that we intended to spend a whole day there, but due to Southwest Airlines' complete and utter incompetence our 3.5 hour trip turned into a 17 hour ordeal, and the only part of the hotel we saw was the elevator up to our room late that night so I can't comment on the amenities.  You can purchase transfers from RCCL from this hotel to the dock I (I didn't know this until the morning of our departure for the ship; I always assumed it was for airports only).