Question for those who use Air2Sea

We will need to fly to Boston next year for a cruise and I know many airlines don't let you book prior to about 330 days before the day of flight.  I've also read that booking that far out doesn't usually give you a very good rate.  For those who use Air2Sea for flight arrangements, I'm wondering a couple of things.  How far out would you contact them for flights?  And, do you know if they monitor prices after the booking and get you a reduced fare when those happen to become available?  I suspect that would be expecting too much of them.  Perhaps I need to ask Air2Sea these questions.  Just curious if anyone knows these things.

20 hours ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

How far out would you contact them for flights?

I contact them as soon as the airline releases the flights.

20 hours ago, happy cruisers 2 said:

do you know if they monitor prices after the booking and get you a reduced fare when those happen to become available?

They don't monitor, but I do. That's why I book right away (as soon as airlines release it), and then I watch and price down every time. Even if it's a $20 decrease, I still call. It adds up. I have saved a ton on air this way.

The prices have come out at the 10-month mark in the past.  As soon as the price comes out, I will book the flight.  Then I watch the price on Air2Sea and on the airlines.  if the price on Air2Sea goes down I call and rebook for the lower price.  If I get a good price with the airline, I will cancel the Air2Sea and book with the airline.

One small caution when booking with Air2Sea...

There are times when you will get an Air2Sea agent who does not really know what they are doing. Surprise, surprise. Anyway, when re-pricing your flights, always make sure you check your most recent booking confirmation with the air attached. This is especially important if you are not working with a TA. Twice now, when re-pricing my airfare, an Air2Sea agent has re-priced my entire cruise. This doesn't happen often, but it has happened, and can happen.  They will fix it, but it is helpful if you catch it right away instead of when you are trying to make final payment and realize that the cruise is much more than you are supposed to be paying.

So, always tell them that you are re-pricing flights only and not to touch your cruise reservation, and double check your booking confirmation after you re-price.

My TA and I have a system now. I always text her when I re-price and she pulls the booking afterwards so we can double check the balance.