Help with MCO to Port Canaveral timetable

Shwuck

I am cruising on Allure in late December with my extended family (18 of us) from Port Canaveral. My first time cruising from Port Canaveral.

Though I know the recommendation is to always fly the day before your cruise, the rooms and flights were gifted to all of us, so we didn't get to make that call.  Weather permitting we are arriving at MCO at almost 9:00am on the dot on Embarkation Day with my sister-in law's family.  Our goal is to try to book the earliest boarding slots possible.  So, here is my question:

If I book private van service to get the 8 of us on our plane from Washington DC to the Port, what time would be a logical boarding time to target... 10:30am, 11am?  I'm factoring no checked luggage coming off the plane, time to find our ride, drive time to the port, getting bags to the porters etc.  If I chose to book a bus service like the Royal Carribean Shuttle or GoPort instead, would that change the recommendation? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Shwuck
typos

You'll be choosing your arrival time in the app, not your boarding time.  Just choose the earliest one available.  It's ok to come later.

Now to your question, if you land at 9 and have nothing checked, then it will take about an hour plus however long it takes you to deplane, walk through the airport and find your driver to get there so you could arrive by 10:30.  There are a ton of variables in your plan though, the biggest of which is the plane arriving on time.

Either way, choose the earliest time when you check in on the app and you'll be set.  Your current arrival time gives you about 6 hours of wiggle room for delays before you are in jeopardy of the cruise leaving without you all.

If plane arrives on time, by the time you de-plane, get your luggage (assuming a group of 8 has some checked bags to claim), find you ride, let's estimate an hour. That puts us at 10am already. Let's estimate another hour for the drive to PC (you never know about traffic at that time), I would say you would be lucky to arrive around 11:00am at the earliest if everything is on time. I agree with @Xaa, choose the earliest time and you will likely be a bit late (if you get the 10:30am time), but it's not a big deal. Fingers crossed there are no delays with that flight...

If you go for the 11:00 am slot for arrival at the ship then you wont feel like you are rushing.  That time of the morning on a Friday I'm assuming for the 3 night shouldn't be too bad.  If there is any accident though it gets tougher as there is only one direct way from the airport to the port, all the other roads take you on a much longer trip.  I drive the road every day from home to work, normally its no problem.

I agree with the others on selecting your boarding time. Which frankly doesn't seem to be as strict as it was coming back post covid.

A little about GoPort...it's convenient at the airport but it is first come first serve. If you use the service you can book your seats online then send someone from the baggage area who is swift afoot to let them sign y'all in.