Symphony of the Seas: May 16, 2024 - May 24, 2024 (Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day)

Just booked this cruise.  There will be 8 adults and 6 kids (ages 9, 11, 11, 11, 11, 12 [all boys except the 9yr old]).  
I will be with my daughter and her 2 boys.  The rest of the group are friends of hers and their kids…of which all four 11 yr olds are in the same class at school!  She and I are going without our hubbies 🤪!  
Super excited!

On 9/4/2023 at 6:43 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Just booked this cruise.  There will be 8 adults and 6 kids (ages 9, 11, 11, 11, 11, 12 [all boys except the 9yr old]).  
I will be with my daughter and her 2 boys.  The rest of the group are friends of hers and their kids.  She and I are going without our hubbies 🤪!  
Super excited!

This will be the 1st leg of our B2B. Yaaay!!🎊 We did our 1st ever B2B on Symphony in 2022 and got hooked on B2Bs. We loved the ship and can’t wait to return to her. And best of all, Symphony is now home-ported in Bayonne, which is a hop, skip and a jump from us. No flights for us this time. You will have a blast with your family and friends….even without the HUBBIES!! They’ll have to make their own fun without you🙃

• PPPJJ-GCVAB changed the title to Symphony of the Seas: May 16, 2024 - May 24, 2024 (Eastern Caribbean and Perfect Day)
  • 1 month later...

The Black Friday sale has great pricing for anyone who wants a balcony OV room for 4 people.  I originally booked that for me and my daughter and 2 grandsons.  I’d be saving over $300 from the original pricing…however…I changed my booking to 2 connecting OV balconies and paying a lot more! 😣 Oh well, one of the families we are cruising with is getting the savings so I am happy for them!

Hoping eventually others on this sailing will find this roll call and chime in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Canucks5 said:

We are a family of 5, me & my husband, our 9 year old daughter & two toddler sons. My mother & my mother in law/father in law are joining us! very excited for this trip as it'll be our kids first cruise! I think our 9 year old is going to be amazed to see everything. on the ship!

What a great trip for your kids' first cruise !  They are going to be WOW'ed !!!  Think of all the time you are going to spend on the carousel.  SO much fun

On 1/7/2024 at 12:49 PM, SemperMom said:

Can't wait! See you all onboard! This will be my first solo cruise and I am so so so looking forward to it. My husband and I basically gave each other solo cruises for Christmas. Ive been to PDCC a few times now but not Labadee so that will be a treat.  

I love Labadee…been there twice.  First time we stayed to the left and ended up at Adrenaline Beach…

Second time we took a right and walked all the way to Columbus Cove.  Best decision!  Love that area and will be there again for this cruise.  Since all the kids…and a few of the parents…have reserved the Arawak water inflatables, Columbus Cove is perfect for me to hang and still be right near them!

Maybe I’ll see you there!  

Oh…while at CocoCay…I purchased the new Hideaway Beach access (was really cheap during Black Friday sale).  Just me going to check it out for a little while to know whether or not I should keep it for me and my husband when on our Utopia cruise in Sept!

On 1/13/2024 at 1:57 AM, Canucks5 said:

We are a family of 5, me & my husband, our 9 year old daughter & two toddler sons. My mother & my mother in law/father in law are joining us! very excited for this trip as it'll be our kids first cruise! I think our 9 year old is going to be amazed to see everything. on the ship!

One of the families I am traveling with have a 9yr old daughter!  It’s just her along with 5 boys!  I am going to suggest to the parents to have her check out the kids’ club area!  Wouldn’t it be funny if she happened to meet up with your daughter?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty fun…counting down on the roll call!  But wondering where are all the cruisers for this one?  I heard there is quite a group on the Facebook roll call but since I am not a social media ‘mogul’…this is all I can do!

80 DAYS TO GO….

I’ve got the “Cruise group” coming over this Friday night to talk cruise details.  To keep the kids busy…they will be tasked with making personalized magnets for their doors!  

7 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

This is pretty fun…counting down on the roll call!  But wondering where are all the cruisers for this one?  I heard there is quite a group on the Facebook roll call but since I am not a social media ‘mogul’…this is all I can do!

80 DAYS TO GO….

I’ve got the “Cruise group” coming over this Friday night to talk cruise details.  To keep the kids busy…they will be tasked with making personalized magnets for their doors!  

I LOVE your countdown…keep it up!! I’m not on Facebook either so this thread is all I got!! Works just fine for me🤓

So one of the moms cruising with me on this cruise has been completely engrossed with the FaceBook group for this cruise.  I think I mentioned there is quite a large group on FB!  She told me there is a plan to have a Mrs. Roper Romp the night of the 70’s celebration on board!  I think the ladies in my group might all go for it and have fun dressing up in caftans and short curly red wigs…lol!   If I find a decent representation of Mrs. Roper, maybe I’ll keep it and dress like her for Halloween…it’ll even be more fun trying to get my husband to dress (and act) like Mr. Roper!

44 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Entertainment reservations are open!

Thanks….I literally checked last night and it wasn’t open yet. What is missing from the App is anything Dining. I usually like to decide in advance which evening I want to dine at Specialty, CK or MDR. Having those menus is a huge help. Anybody know what’s going on there?

1 hour ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks….I literally checked last night and it wasn’t open yet. What is missing from the App is anything Dining. I usually like to decide in advance which evening I want to dine at Specialty, CK or MDR. Having those menus is a huge help. Anybody know what’s going on there?

No clue.  But I have just the MDR to choose from (no CK for me…perhaps someday??)…and maybe one Specialty.  I did book Jamie’s for lunch one day…for me, my daughter, and my two grandsons!  Trying to decide if we want to check out one dinner but yes, I will need to know the MDR menus before I know which night.

I noticed that as well. The last cruise my husband and I went on we booked our specialty restaurant reso's immediately when we arrived on the ship but would be nice to book it beforehand! I'm a planner 🙂

I tried to reply to the Facebook group post but I am trouble finding it online. 

Is anyone staying in NYC a few days before the cruise departs? we finally booked our hotel and are trying to arrange the cheapest option to travelling to the airport etc with kids in tow 

I've been looking into taking the kids to disneyworld or universal but everything I have read online advised against it as there is not enough time. Wanted to see if there were other parents who have done it previously or are booking it this time around 

Everyone in my group live in RI so we are all driving in day of.  Takes just over 3 hours when we leave around 6pm.  If we get to the port too early we just park along the water until we think it’s a good time to check in.  This time…there will be no one getting off!  I’m just hoping there will be room in the parking garage.  Liberty of the Seas and Celebrity Eclipse will have parked cars there already from their cruises that haven’t returned yet!

6 minutes ago, Canucks5 said:

I've been looking into taking the kids to disneyworld or universal but everything I have read online advised against it as there is not enough time. Wanted to see if there were other parents who have done it previously or are booking it this time around 

I have a friend who did the Disney excursion from Port Canaveral.  She said it was very tiring and they really only got to do a few rides because they needed to eat which took up quite a bit of time!  The shuttle ride is also kind of long…so again tiring.

In Orlando, we were planning on skipping it, but I decided to book the Daytona Speedway Tour for my DH. He likes everything Fast & Furious and we’ve actually been to 1 Daytona 500. But I figured, if I wanted to continue to vacation in the manner to which I’ve become accustomed (Did anyone say Suite Life?) I should pick something he likes to do every once in awhile 🤭😂

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Oh boy…just 9 weeks to go!  63 DAYS

curious minds want to know what will happen to our Labadee Day? 😔?  Only time will tell!

My family and I have been following the news on this.  I hope RC find another destination for us besides Labadee.  I just do no feel safe.

Looks like all the closer sailing dates for Symphony have been rerouted to Falmouth, Jamaica sans Labadee.  Wonder if that will hold true for the May sailings as well.

My biggest concern (forgive me if I have already mentioned this) is the fact that we are sailing from Bayonne and typically cruises from there stop in Port Canaveral, Nassau, and CocoCay.  I just don’t want our cruise to become a “typical” sailing since we are the ones with this unique 2 Royal property ports and no Nassau!