Spa Scheduling - small overlap?

KLA

Hello all, 

I have a quick question. Looking at the idea of booking a 'treat yoself' spa morning on one of my sea days. The best way that I can get the scheduling (and, early morning appt pricing) to work out however causes about 5 minutes of overlap between treatments. 

Treatment 1 - 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM 
Treatment 2 - 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM 
Treatment 3 - 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM 

Do you think this will be a big deal? I really don't want to be THAT client and cause timing to get all messed up on other's appointments, or is the timing so minimal that it won't matter? 

This is on Allure of the Seas... and I've never really made a spa appointment before on a ship but WHY NOT! :) 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, rjac said:

Kayla, you are going to LOVE the Allure. Did a 2 week B2B last year and we're doing it again next March/April. Never a dull moment on that ship!

Ahh I know! I'm so crazy excited. Finally got all of our entertainment and dining locked in, so now taking a look at spa offerings. Booked a massage for the both of us the first leg, but I'm really liking the idea of going back the second leg.... go big, right?

3 minutes ago, Madelyn D said:

I had the same thing happen to me where I couldn't get 2 appointments to match up but booked them anyway ... I just talked to them when I got on board and they fixed the reservation for me! (This was on the Navigator)

Oh, cool! Thanks - I think I'll go ahead and get these locked in, then! 

11 minutes ago, Madelyn D said:

Treat Yo'self is the way to go. 

HAHA! I'm going to stick with just nail appointments for now (they'll probably need to be touched up by the second week on board) but I have my eye on a couple massage treatments... 

I really need to just stay off of the cruise planner. 

My honeymoon is in 30 days but it is a Mystery vacation. So even though my cruise isn't until February I'm still all over the cruise planner because I always need something to plan!

4 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

HAHA! I'm going to stick with just nail appointments for now (they'll probably need to be touched up by the second week on board) but I have my eye on a couple massage treatments... 

I really need to just stay off of the cruise planner. 

2 minutes ago, Madelyn D said:

My honeymoon is in 30 days but it is a Mystery vacation. So even though my cruise isn't until February I'm still all over the cruise planner because I always need something to plan!

OMG! I soooooo get that. I absolutely hate wedding planning so honeymoon planning is keeping me SANE.

Follow up spa question - did you tip additional on top of the pre-added service charge? 

Wedding planning is the worst. 

Yes, I still tipped around 20% But they did not seem like they were expecting it.

4 minutes ago, KLAconQueso said:

OMG! I soooooo get that. I absolutely hate wedding planning so honeymoon planning is keeping me SANE.

Follow up spa question - did you tip additional on top of the pre-added service charge? 

1 hour ago, KLAconQueso said:

Think of it like going to the bar.  You can, but up to you.  The included gratuity is definitely more than adequate.

9 hours ago, Madelyn D said:

Wedding planning is the worst. 

Yes, I still tipped around 20% But they did not seem like they were expecting it.

If you have overlapping treatments, just tell them when you check in and they should accommodate you.  Any good spa would do that; they want your business.

As for tipping, RCCL adds 18% automatically.  If you think the service was great you can add an additional 5% or 10% or whatever you want.  In the past, I thought the spa folks kind of stood over me and watched while I signed, expecting me to add more, which kinda bummed me out.  Not because I didn't want to do it, but because I thought it was pressure.  I usually tip around 25% for land-based spa treatments, but it is because I want to, not because somebody is watching me and expecting it.   In the RCCL case,  I caved and was sorry afterwards, because the average treatment didn't warrant the extra amount I felt pressured to add.  I finally learned to grow a backbone. When they are standing over me watching, I circle the 18% gratuity line before I sign to show that I recognize that they have already received a tip.  If they don't put that pressure on me, I add a generous extra amount.  

• 2 weeks later...

We did a couples massage on the first day at a discounted price. The spa staff made sure to remind us that the gratuity we prepaid was on a discounted price, implying we should tip additional. Although I tip additional during happy hour and when using my Diamond drink vouchers, I didn't feel the need to tip additional for the massage given that the tip amount was already sufficient for the level of service provided.