Any issues with TSA when bringing a 10" travel fan for the cruise cabin?

dcnole

I'm someone who struggles to sleep comfortably when the air in my bedroom is super still.  Since my family will be traveling in an inside cabin this coming week on Freedom OTS, I took the advice I've seen in numerous cruise prep videos and secured a light-weight travel fan from Amazon. Here's a link to the one I got in case that matters, but the key point is that, while not tiny, it still easily fits into my carryon luggage: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013BOC6VC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It didn't occur to me until last night that there may be some sort of issue with bringing this through TSA security when flying down to Miami.  I figure I will at least have to remove it from my carryon luggage like you do with a laptop to allow for closer inspection, which is fine.  But has anyone had any issues bringing a similar sort of fan on the plane?  Anyone been able to do so successfully?

5 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

If it was a 10in USB powered fan, then you will have to remove if it is in your carry-on as that happens to me every other time I fly. If not, USB powered, they will be like fine and its good. Of course, the checked bag will be the path of least resistance. 

It can run on batteries or on an AC adapter that I was planning to bring along.  I'll preemptively remove it from the bag in the hopes of keeping things moving along.  Hopefully it gets through. Thx. 

30 minutes ago, dcnole said:

It can run on batteries or on an AC adapter that I was planning to bring along.  I'll preemptively remove it from the bag in the hopes of keeping things moving along.  Hopefully it gets through. Thx. 

You should be fine. I only started having issues when I went to USB because of the battery inside the device. I used to carry one that plugged in and never had to remove it. I also have a charging cord in my carry-on that can hold a battery pack, so it gets flagged when that happens as well.