Mariner Shows etc

OK. So like I said in another post. Just booked Mariner last minute for September. Never did this last minute before but price was good.

I have total brain freeze.

I know zero about Mariner other than Matt said in a video it was a great value for your money. Being fixed up a few years ago etc. 

What's the deal with shows? Is there anything to book in advance or no? 37 days out and I don't see anything. Don't really care. Very open to whatever is on offer. Just trying to remember my steps. Just finished online check in. Got a 12 noon arrival time. Need to put request for table for 2. Need to buy water and soda package. Itinerary is Labadee, Jamaica, PDCC. So don't think we will really need excursions. Am I missing any of the usual check in / booking things? LOL. 

Any tips / advice on Mariner more than welcome. Just the 2 of us 50 somethings looking for one more week of warm and swim time before another Minnesota winter.

Haiti and Hurricane season. What could possibly go wrong. LOL. 😆

15 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Is there anything to book in advance or no?

No.

Any tips / advice on Mariner more than welcome.

Big fan of both the food and a couple signature drinks in Playmakers if you haven't been to one before (I forget what ship you were on last time, just that it was Oasis class).

They also have a unique bar called the Bamboo Room.

Hurricane season

Not really a big deal (since you don't live here, lol). Worst case is your itinerary would change if you needed to avoid a storm.

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

No.

Big fan of both the food and a couple signature drinks in Playmakers if you haven't been to one before (I forget what ship you were on last time, just that it was Oasis class).

They also have a unique bar called the Bamboo Room.

Not really a big deal (since you don't live here, lol). Worst case is your itinerary would change if you needed to avoid a storm.

Last trip was on Wonder.

Last smaller Royal ship was Voyager in 2006. Kinda looking forward to a smaller scale again.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Last smaller Royal ship was Voyager in 2006. Kinda looking forward to a smaller scale again.

Mariner is the same class of ship as Voyager so it should feel familiar.  You don't need reservations for any of the shows.  Deck 14 is one of my favorite spots for quiet on the ship during the day..it's air conditioned and has huge windows overlooking the pool deck and ocean.