San Juan Airport Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel at the San Juan airport recently? We did pre covid.  It was nice for a late flight in and even had a decent restaurant. The current price is great compared to Old San Juan. We will be down there early next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and his family stayed there in March. He wasn't impressed at said he wouldn't book there again and that it was very basic. Another hotel to stay away from is the Ivy Hotel. It looked nice in pictures and i originally booked it for my family for our March cruise through Expedia. At the time of booking, the website said that i would only be charged when i checked-in but the hotel had other ideas and charged my credit card that same night. We decided that we would go back to the Marriott Stelaris and so i cancelled the reservation at Ivy, which had free cancellation. It took me about 2 months to get my refund and only after many emails and phone calls with Expedia and the hotel. It finally got resolved when Expedia wrote me a letter to give to my credit card company to dispute the charge. Once they had that they reversed the charge.

42 minutes ago, Mturk said:

My brother and his family stayed there in March. He wasn't impressed at said he wouldn't book there again and that it was very basic. Another hotel to stay away from is the Ivy Hotel. It looked nice in pictures and i originally booked it for my family for our March cruise through Expedia. At the time of booking, the website said that i would only be charged when i checked-in but the hotel had other ideas and charged my credit card that same night. We decided that we would go back to the Marriott Stelaris and so i cancelled the reservation at Ivy, which had free cancellation. It took me about 2 months to get my refund and only after many emails and phone calls with Expedia and the hotel. It finally got resolved when Expedia wrote me a letter to give to my credit card company to dispute the charge. Once they had that they reversed the charge.

Based on what you're saying, I could see that being an issue with your travel agent (Expedia) as much as with the hotel. I could see it being either - Expedia incorrectly listing it as a "pay later" rate, or the hotel incorrectly charging early. 

I had actually booked that hotel....they were supposed to do an "authorization" on my card to verify etc, but it was a book now, pay later option.

They actually charged the card and was going to stay on for a whole year...it was  a nightmare dealing with them....and the booking company about it.

8 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I had actually booked that hotel....they were supposed to do an "authorization" on my card to verify etc, but it was a book now, pay later option.

They actually charged the card and was going to stay on for a whole year...it was  a nightmare dealing with them....and the booking company about it.

That’s exactly what happened to me! I told Expedia that they shouldn’t be promoting that hotel because it reflects badly on them and will harm their reputation. I never went back to check if it still appears on their website.