Lunch menus on Mariner of the seas

Geronimo

Hello all!  I’ve been reading the blogs for months prepping for our first cruise on Mariner of the seas in July and can’t locate lunch menus for the various specialty restaurants. We purchased the UDP and would like to choose which restaurant to go to for lunch embarkation day. I looked through the app and had no luck. Are the lunch keys published anywhere?  Or are they exactly the same as the dinner menu?  

Thank you in advance!

For Chops and Jamie’s, those could be sold out long before you board. Especially if you are wanting a prime lunch time. You may need to book that outside of your UDP to guarantee a spot. Those are very popular spots to avoid the buffet zoo for lunch on embarkation day. Remember, the UDP does not guarantee you the ability to eat at any specific speciality restaurant at any time you want. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Jamies and Chops have a different lunch menu from their dinner menu.

Izumi is the same, Johnny Rockets is the same.

Would you recommend doing lunch or dinner at Jamie’s and Chops since the menus are different.

32 minutes ago, Gilley said:

Would you recommend doing lunch or dinner at Jamie’s and Chops since the menus are different.

Personally I prefer lunches at specialty restaurants. Much cheaper, and then I can have my big meal at lunchtime which I prefer. The few times I do eat dinner at one of the places with slightly different menus I make sure to pick something not available at lunch, though!

2 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

For Chops and Jamie’s, those could be sold out long before you board. Especially if you are wanting a prime lunch time. You may need to book that outside of your UDP to guarantee a spot. Those are very popular spots to avoid the buffet zoo for lunch on embarkation day. Remember, the UDP does not guarantee you the ability to eat at any specific speciality restaurant at any time you want. 

I don't think so, not too many people actually make embarkation lunches, so buying a lunch when you already have the UDP, makes no financial sense. Considering Playmaker's is on Mariner as well as JR, the OP won't have any issues getting a lunch spot. Plus, they always hold back spots for people with the UDP, so even if a 12:30 Chops lunch is sold out in CP, there are still spots. 

26 minutes ago, Gilley said:

They aren't super different.......what they are, is missing a few dinner items but including a few lunch items. For Chops they have the burger, which is not available for dinner, and I believe lunch is missing one or two entrees. Jamie's has the burger but is missing like two entrees that are on the dinner menu. If you cannot see the menus on the app, if you click your ship on the website, you can browse the menus; they are mostly accurate. 

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't think so, not too many people actually make embarkation lunches, so buying a lunch when you already have the UDP, makes no financial sense. Considering Playmaker's is on Mariner as well as JR, the OP won't have any issues getting a lunch spot. Plus, they always hold back spots for people with the UDP, so even if a 12:30 Chops lunch is sold out in CP, there are still spots. 

Sorry, but I do think so because I saw 2 parties get turned away on my last sailing from Jamie’s who had the UDP. They were told to come back an hour later. Their jaws hit the floor in amazement, but they were absolutely 100% turned away for embarkation lunch. I have never seen that happen before, I have never heard of that happening before, but it happened. The parties were not quiet about the fact they had UDP and expected to be seated right then and there.

3 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Sorry, but I do think so because I saw 2 parties get turned away on my last sailing from Jamie’s who had the UDP. They were told to come back an hour later. Their jaws hit the floor in amazement, but they were absolutely 100% turned away for embarkation lunch. I have never seen that happen before, I have never heard of that happening before, but it happened. The parties were not quiet about the fact they had UDP and expected to be seated right then and there.

Was it on Mariner or a larger ship? Thats a huge difference, I saw people get turned away on Oasis but not on smaller ships. 

Hopefully we will be able to get in to one of them!  I actually thought the specialty restaurants would be less busy than the windjammer. I don’t expect to find an empty restaurant, but was looking for ideas on something that might not be as crowded.  

12 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Hopefully we will be able to get in to one of them!  I actually thought the specialty restaurants would be less busy than the windjammer. I don’t expect to find an empty restaurant, but was looking for ideas on something that might not be as crowded.  

It will be. They don't fill the specialty restaurants up, so it is still a very peaceful experience........unless someone brings a screaming baby/child.