Wheelchairs available at terminal?

My wife has back issues and I am guessing there is a long walk in the terminal and a lot of standing in line.  Are there wheelchairs available to use until we are on the ship?  While on the ship she should be fine but I am concerned with the long terminal walk from the parking garage and the lines.  I have a wheelchair that we can bring but I also want to be careful for space in our car and in the cabin?

Does anyone have any insight?

Bayonne you can drop off at the door.

Baltimore sucked for those without visual issues that prevent walking uphill from port level to the entry deck (deck 4 or 5) and they have an alternative entry for those in wheelchairs and perhaps with canes….lots of older folks stopping to catch their breath in those uphill gangways.

I know I’ve seen wheelchair assist for getting off the ship, I imagine they offer it for getting on the ship.  One problem to think of is the lines on the ship-mostly for entertainment, at times for main dining room for breakfast and disembarkation at the ports.  You may want a wheelchair for those or perhaps a cane that has a seat attached to it. 

This comes from the Royal Caribbean Website:

Question:    What assistance does Royal Caribbean provide guests with disabilities getting on and off the ship?
Answer:
We have personnel with wheelchairs who provide assistance with pushing wheelchairs on and off the ship using gangways and boarding bridges. Please note our personnel are not permitted to lift guests. During peak times there may be a wait for assistance. Please see Getting On and Off the Ship for additional information. If you need further assistance, please contact our Access Department at special_needs@rccl.com or 866-592-7225.

This page will help you:  Assistance Onboard & Offshore | Accessible Cruises | Royal Caribbean Cruises

One thing to consider is that Royal doesn't own the cruise port.  There are two parties involved with your accessibility requirement getting on and off the ship.

The port is responsible to handle accessibility requirements required by law at the port.   To get from the car or bus you will arrive on, through security, through check in and through to the point where you are about to board the ship is the responsibility of the port.  

Once you are about to board the ship, that is where Royal can and will assist guests with accessibility requirements.  The part that that uses the gangways and boarding bridges is when and where Royal will bring a wheelchair off the ship to transport passengers that need one onto the ship. 

Port employees or contractors are not allowed up the gangway or onto the ship just as ship crew are not allowed outside of the terminal to cars and buses.  The gangway is the delineation point between the two parties.  

I'd suggest reaching out to the port to inquire how there accessibility services function for arriving guests.  Each port is governed by local and federal laws for accessibility purposes.

Once onboard the ship is a different matter.  Royal does not offer wheelchairs or pushers for the entirety of the cruise.  If you have a requirement for a wheelchair beyond the act of boarding the ship Royal requires that you bring anything you'll need with you or make arrangements through 3rd parties that can rent items for the cruise such as scooters.  For example, it's the end of day two and being tired from the day's activities there is a need to have a wheelchair to get to the theater for a show.  Royal does not offer that or a pusher for that.  The expectation is that you have made arrangements or brought your own to fulfil that need.