Transportation to Cape Liberty

Hello! My sister and family friend will be traveling from LGA to Cape Liberty and is looking to an alternative to Uber/Lyft so she doesn't have to pack car seats for her 3 kiddos. Has anyone used any car services in this area they would recommend? There at 3 adults and 5 kids. 

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a cars service.  However, if possible, I would recommend going into Newark airport - that's less than 1/2 an hour from the port, and LGA is much further, (over an hour)  and will be much more costly, and, depending on exactly what day of the week she is cruising, traffic could be a nightmare. 

2 hours ago, tdiedrich said:

Hello! My sister and family friend will be traveling from LGA to Cape Liberty and is looking to an alternative to Uber/Lyft so she doesn't have to pack car seats for her 3 kiddos. Has anyone used any car services in this area they would recommend? There at 3 adults and 5 kids. 

We very recently used Carmel Limo https://www.carmellimo.com/

We arranged for them to pick us up at Cape Liberty and take us to our post-cruise NYC hotel and also from there back to Newark. Regret not having booked them to take us from our pre-cruise NYC hotel to the cruise port as Uber and Lyft both turned out to be more expensive.

You can opt to pay the driver in cash or by card if you prefer not to pay upfront.

I admit I don't know how they work regarding child seats as were not travelling with children.

53 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

We very recently used Carmel Limo https://www.carmellimo.com/

We arranged for them to pick us up at Cape Liberty and take us to our post-cruise NYC hotel and also from there back to Newark. Regret not having booked them to take us from our pre-cruise NYC hotel to the cruise port as Uber and Lyft both turned out to be more expensive.

You can opt to pay the driver in cash or by card if you prefer not to pay upfront.

I admit I don't know how they work regarding child seats as were not travelling with children.

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend a cars service.  However, if possible, I would recommend going into Newark airport - that's less than 1/2 an hour from the port, and LGA is much further, (over an hour)  and will be much more costly, and, depending on exactly what day of the week she is cruising, traffic could be a nightmare. 

They would love to!  Unfortunately Southwest only flies into LGA 😞

We cruised often when my now 21yo was a toddler/pre-schooler as we had a family member that worked for a cruise line. We found it easier to bring her car seat, use it on the plane and ground transportation to/from the cruise, then stash the seat in the bottom of the closet on the ship for the duration of the cruise ...than to figure out how to to get around safely w/o the seat.

That said, if some of the young people are a bit older (5+) you can take a look at the Bubble Bum belt positioning booster. It is affordable, super easy to travel with, and inflates into a low back booster whenever you need it (deflates quickly as well). Since it is a belt positioning booster it cannot be used on the plane, but it works great for ground transportation. [We used it during trips to NYC when my kids were younger. It allowed us to jump in and out of an Uber/Lyft as needed.]

Another child restraint option is a Ride Safer Travel Vest. This works for any child that forward faces and needs a five point harness (as opposed to the belt positioning booster discussed above). This also travels well, but is a bit more expensive.

In both cases, I would practice using them before any travel. Don't want to be sitting at your destination airport reading the instructions! 🙃

I spend 12+ years volunteering as a child passenger safety technician when my kids were younger so I was probably more aware of the limited options at the time. Lots of great things for traveling now that weren't available back then!

I'm from NYC and am taking my first cruise next week. This being my first cruise and never having been to Bayonne before I'm a bit anxious about getting to the cruise terminal on time so I spent $28 to schedule a Royal Caribbean shuttle from EWR and so will stay near the airport the night before. I'm not as concerned about which hotel (aside form price) or the trip back.

I've stayed at a few of the airpotr hotels without any issues but not being a coffee drinker I've never paid much attention to the coffee makers.