Princess Coming to Port Canaveral

https://www.wesh.com/article/princess-cruises-port-canaveral/43838163

In the fall of 2024 Port Canaveral will have a new cruise line that could offer some competition to Royal and hopefully cheap prices in check.  

• The first sailing of the Caribbean Princess on Nov. 27, 2024, will kick off both eastern and western Caribbean itineraries from Nassau to Belize.

Let's hope this will force Royal to re-evaluate the sky prices it's been offering from Central Florida.  

Port Canaveral continues to grow and expand.

19 hours ago, twangster said:

https://www.wesh.com/article/princess-cruises-port-canaveral/43838163

In the fall of 2024 Port Canaveral will have a new cruise line that could offer some competition to Royal and hopefully cheap prices in check.  

• The first sailing of the Caribbean Princess on Nov. 27, 2024, will kick off both eastern and western Caribbean itineraries from Nassau to Belize.

Let's hope this will force Royal to re-evaluate the sky prices it's been offering from Central Florida.  

With Utopia heading to Port Canaveral I highly doubt we see Royal lower their prices. 

If any cruise line could keep Royal in check I would think it would be Carnival, NCL and even MSC.  All have either homeport or intend to homeport their newer/newest largest ships at Port Canaveral and yet it has done nothing to keep prices in check, in fact it seems like prices are up across the board at all these cruise lines. It would be nice if Princess's arrival has an impact on prices out of Port Canaveral but I think the opposite will happen I think Princess (which of course is owned by Carnival Corporation) will adjust their prices to the higher price point that the market clearly shows it can support.

Port Canaveral did just recently take the title of worlds busiest cruise port from PortMiami so these sky high cruise fares out of Central Florida are not  impacting demand at all. And with the amount of debt the Carnival Corporation is in as aa result of the industry shutdown they probably appreciate Royal's higher fares as it makes it much easier for them to charge more than what they normally would especially if Princess plans to send one of their newest ships to Port Canaveral.