Unlimited Dining Package Sold Out

I recently saw the unlimited dining package is sold out for our WOS July sailing.  Does this happen often? And should we be concerned about getting dining reservations?  We bought the unlimited package back when we booked our cruise and intended to eat at the specialty restaurants each night of the cruise. 

12 hours ago, LifeofCarrs said:

I recently saw the unlimited dining package is sold out for our WOS July sailing.  Does this happen often? And should we be concerned about getting dining reservations?  We bought the unlimited package back when we booked our cruise and intended to eat at the specialty restaurants each night of the cruise. 

Yes it often sells out.  However, it sells out because they limit the number of people that can buy it so that there will be enough dining reservations available.  There aren't enough seats in the specialty restaurants for everyone on the ship to eat there.  Similarly, the non-package specialty reservations often sell out before the cruise also.  They need some availability for those that want to wait until they board before they decide where to eat and for those that have no idea you can buy anything in advance!

15 minutes ago, Ndfan89 said:

It is sold out on my sailing that I booked today for July.  Any chance it comes back available?

There is always a chance if someone cancels. However they aren’t going to open a bunch of new slots on a cruise less than 90 days out.

How do you know when it sells out? Does it still show up but says "sold out" over it? I ask, because I have a WOS sailing in December that still doesn't show anything in the dining section of the cruise planner. I wasn't sure if by not showing it at all, that was indicating it was sold out...

2 hours ago, Ndfan89 said:

It is sold out on my sailing that I booked today for July.  Any chance it comes back available?

Check every hour on the hour. Especially the last 30 days. People will cancel and availability for one or two will pop back up for an hour till someone buys it again. That's how I got mine. It's work for sure, but it happens.