Traditional Dining

icf75

I do early dining and always go to the MDR as soon as I board to make sure I have the time and table size I want.

Usually, if I pre-purchase a specialty restaurant, I find that I have been re-assigned to My Time…even though I requested early dining and it actually says it on my reservation confirmation. But when I go to the restaurant host desk as soon as I board, they take care of it. 

If I wait until I get my room card when the cabins are ready in the afternoon, that’s when I’ll see the MTD listed on my card and when I get to the host, there’s not many assigned small tables left…if any.

2 hours ago, icf75 said:

Am I right in thinking that with traditional dining I can't guarantee a certain table size? Is this only possible with MTD?

2 hours ago, SPS said:

Also, if you want a specific table size (2ppl, 4ppl, etc.), you can call and have it added to your reservation.

We now call well ahead to arrange the table pre-cruise as @SPS suggested (we also link other MDR reservations and provide number of total guests if we're traveling with other parties). This way the table number is accurate on your SeaPass card AND you are less likely to wind up potentially with a less desirable table location in the MDR (since you won't be stuck with whatever tables are still available and unassigned upon boarding).