New MDR Menu and Indian Food

dpeik

I don't know if they have changed this, but on our last three editions of my group's recurring celebrity/fan voyages with cast & crew members of the Doctor Who TV series, on Explorer twice and on Vision most recently, if you ask the waiter nicely there was a separate printed all Indian menu intended for things the crew eats in their own dining room that we were able to special order off of. If you're looking for something Indian, and especially more authentic Indian, you might want to try this tactic if they still allow it. 23ShipAbove1VH80.thumb.jpg.89daaf693b7650021d7c2aa0dbf0a9ab.jpg

6 hours ago, Last Lion said:

Hey Who guy! I was on VOTS a couple of years ago when the Who convention was on. Over the course of the week, you Who-ites became harder to find. Rumour was possible Covid. Was that true? 

Without mentioning any names for obvious privacy concerns, there was one person in the group who was feeling a little ill the night of the second Port call in Panama and did not come to dinner that night. She tested positive the next day, we believe she caught it while on a shore tour at Puerto Limon the day before. A couple of her dinner table mates from the night of the first Port call also tested positive several days later after coming back from Aruba. In each of those cases they went into quarantine in separate cabins from their roommates and the original cabins were deep disinfected by the cruise staff. On debarkation day back in Florida, one of those roommates who had been separated tested positive and one additional couple tested positive after driving home to Orlando. Oddly enough the original person's roommate never tested positive and stayed clear the entire time. We did a bit of our own quarantining and extra precautions within our own group above and beyond what little the ship was doing to deal with it. Of those who did test positive none of them had any symptoms worse than a cold or flu and it was a general consensus among the group that the isolation process itself was probably more of a hassle than any actual illness they experienced, and was quite stressful in itself being isolated like that. There were a lot more covid cases going around on that Voyage then the public was generally aware of based on the numbers who were in The separate group on debarkation day that had to wait in a different area from the General Public there had to have been more than 100 cases. As you may have noticed, the ship was still obviously somewhat short-staffed after having only been back in service after the startup for about a month, and a fair number of the staff were not as well trained as they might have been, I think those two factors contributed to the less than stellar handling that the staff did of the situation at the time. Their promised daily retesting of the various roommates who had been exposed stopped after a day or two and one of our people waiting for the test that day was told that the reason was because the person giving the test had now come down with covid themself. Fortunately quite a few within our group had brought our own supplies of covid Home testing kits with us in our luggage as a precaution, and we purchased additional tests on the final Port day in Curacao as well, and we did our own testing to make up for that shortfall by the ship's staff. I'm sure that Vision being the oldest smallest and most recently rejoined to the fleet following the shutdown I'm sure we're all factors that contributed to the situation. Hopefully if things get worse again in the future being on the newest and largest Flagship of the fleet this time around should see a stark difference in Staffing, training, and readiness, one would certainly hope.