Voyager of the Seas guaranteed suite questions?

Hello All

I am looking to book an europe cruise next summer (2024) and a July 1st 7day  guarendted Suite room has caught our eye for around $4K.

What are the downside of booking a guraented suite? Intially I thought there are no downsides. It has to be an ocean view balcony right? but are there non-balconly suites?  that would be awful. who would want that?  Do all guaranteed suite rooms come with suites benefits? Does Voyager even have suite benefits?

The biggest downfall is that you don't get to pick the location.

Most suites are in acceptable locations.  Occasionally one may be below or above a venue that can make noise.   This varies by class of ship.  In my opinion Voyager doesn't have too many poor suite locations but some of that determination is subjective.  

Voyager does have two panoramic suites that don't have balconies.  There are only two and they tend to sell out quickly.  They are meant for families with greater than 2 guests but there is a remote possibility, however unlikely,  you could get assigned one of these.  

You could be assigned an accessible cabin meant for guests who have a medical need for an accessible cabin.  Normally these are reserved for guests that have the need for them but if one is available they can and will assign it to a suite guarantee booking.  I've sailed in an accessible JS from booking a suite guarantee.  

Look over the deck plans for Voyager and find all the suites.  Pretend all suites were available and you had infinite money.  Determine which suites you would rather not book if you had the choice.  That is the cabin you should assume you'll get from a suite guarantee.

It's not that you are likely to get the worst suite for your likes and dislikes but by understanding that you could get that worst suite, you understand the risk of booking a guarantee suite.  

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

Voyager does have two panoramic suites that don't have balconies.  There are only two and they tend to sell out quickly.  They are meant for families with greater than 2 guests but there is a remote possibility, however unlikely,  you could get assigned one of these. 

We snagged one of these with a group of 3.  I'm actually surprised that they let us book it with 2 adults and 1 teenager...

My biggest concern with doing any kind of suite gty is being assigned a "connecting" JS.  There seem to be a great number of this kind of JS.  As @twangster mentioned, there are few with horrible locations or seriously obstructed views, but also be aware that you may be assigned a connecting room....and they always seem to be the ones that are remaining, after the "regular" JS are all sold out....suggesting that they may be ones available for GTY/RU.

Thank you all for the advice.  Very helpful in making my decision. It sounds like the worst-case scenario would be a connecting junior suite on a floor above or below a noisy part of the ship. Maybe an obstructed view. Not great but being that it is about 1 grand cheaper than an ocean-view balcony I decided to take the gamble and lock in the savings. So we most likely won't end up with any suite privileges, but will we get double cruise points for crown and anchor?