Vancouver day tour questions

KatiR

Good afternoon, all. I will be on the Radiance for the 09.22 Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. With an arrival back to port at 7 am and my train not departing until 545 pm, I was hoping to do a tour. Saw on the RC cruise site that they have one with an airport transfer that looks perfect-except it's an airport transfer and I need to get to the Amtrak station. Any ideas/thoughts on tour groups that offer such a thing? The one I was specifically interested in included Capilano Suspension Bridge as I neglected to do that last time I was in town.

All suggestions/thoughts appreciated. Thank you!

Would you be open to renting a car? There are plenty of car rental spots in downtown Vancouver (for example, a Hertz and Enterprise are both within a few blocks of the port), you could rent the car for the day and just go wherever you want, whenever you want, and also have a place (the trunk) to store bags/personal items. I believe there's even a Hertz at the train station (assuming you're going out of Pacific Central), so it might be worth a look at the price for picking up at the Hertz near the port, and dropping off at the Hertz at the train station. 

One other option is to just take the tour, and factor in that you'll need to get from the airport to the station afterwards. It's not too far of a taxi/Uber/Lyft ride. 

Check the Capiino suspension bridge website as they offer a shuttle service from Canada Place (where the ship docks) which I think is free.    then take a taxi/uber/lift to the train station or there shuttle back to Canada place and go from there by skytrain to the train station.   I am not sure what you would do with luggage but the suspension bridge people might actually have an option for that.

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2023 at 4:34 PM, KatiR said:

Good afternoon, all. I will be on the Radiance for the 09.22 Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver. With an arrival back to port at 7 am and my train not departing until 545 pm, I was hoping to do a tour. Saw on the RC cruise site that they have one with an airport transfer that looks perfect-except it's an airport transfer and I need to get to the Amtrak station. Any ideas/thoughts on tour groups that offer such a thing? The one I was specifically interested in included Capilano Suspension Bridge as I neglected to do that last time I was in town.

All suggestions/thoughts appreciated. Thank you!

We did Vancouver last year in May.  We arrived in Vancouver 2 days early in order to site see there.  We went to the Capilano Suspension Bridge and loved it.  In front of the Pan Pacific hotel and Ship dock there are two booths on the street where you can purchase excursions/tickets.  I'm 99% positive we bought our Capilano Bridge tickets there and a bus comes every 15-20 minutes to pick up and take you.   When we were ready, we decided to Uber/Lyft back instead of waiting on the next bus.   It's not a long drive and cheaper than renting a car.  I believe the busses pick up at multiple spots in the city.   Hope this helps.

On 4/6/2023 at 2:14 PM, Woody14 said:

Check the Capiino suspension bridge website as they offer a shuttle service from Canada Place (where the ship docks) which I think is free.    then take a taxi/uber/lift to the train station or there shuttle back to Canada place and go from there by skytrain to the train station.   I am not sure what you would do with luggage but the suspension bridge people might actually have an option for that.

@KatiR, @Woody14 you can also check your bag at the Pan Pacific Hotel after leaving the ship and grab them before heading back to the Train.

@dejavu21has it nailed.   Take the bus up to the bridge - then back to Canada Place.   The train station isn't too far away from Canada Place (not walkable, but much closer than the airport).   If you can store your bags at Canada Place somewhere you could hit the suspension bridge, whip back, and then grab a cab over to the train station - it's only 10-20 minutes away (10 in lighter traffic - 20 in rush hour).

Have fun!