Kennedy Space Centre

Colin Shields

2 hours ago, Colin Shields said:

Please advise if it's worthwhile and good value to do this excursion with Royal. We have never been to the Space Centre before.

Many thanks.

It kind of depends.

To get the absolute best out of the Space Centre, you really need to spend a whole day there so if you're going to be in port for a full day then it's definitely worth it.

If you're only arriving at Port Canaveral around noon/1 pm, then you're only going to get half a day at the Space Centre. In that case, if you're coming from a long way away (and I'm guessing you are from your spelling of the word "Centre") and are unlikely to be able to make a return visit any time soon, then it's still  worth it because it's such an amazing place.

However, if you're planning a future visit to the area in the forseeable future, to do the theme parks for example, then you could take a day out from that to do the Space Centre justice. In that case, I'd skip the excursion with Royal.

• 5 weeks later...

I did the your, we did not have a full day.

on the ride over the guide on the bus said when we get off the bus to take the space center bus to the back of the property where “the good stuff is”.  So we did exactly that.  It was a good move because we saw all that  then made our way back to the main section snd we chose what we would see based on our time left AND we were close to our bus so we didn’t have to worry about trying to catch it had we done the back of their property last. 
the big souvenir shop had a former astronaut signing autographs and taking pics. I believe it was no charge.  Not 💯 on that.