Cruise Planning Software

image.png.4f9eb7e29afa5fb46b9444a0c10eaed7.png

I have Excel spreadsheets for the cruise that has cost breakdown, gratuities, confirmations, room numbers and other things I think are important.  We sail with family a lot and I do the planning. I can send them updates and payment due date information. They track their own excursions and other things.

I’m old school. I use a notepad.

I list them by date, reservation #, ship, cabin #…then price and balance due. Makes it easy to check each day for price drops. 
I note any OBC due and Cruise Planner purchases.

I also list them on my calendar…my wall calendar (old school😁).

Of course, I list them in my phone, too. Both on notes and calendar. But, my working scratch sheet is my paper notepad.

I, too, am an “old school” diehard paper person!  I can use Excel spreadsheets, if necessary, but I much prefer the tried and true pen and paper combo!  My grandkids amaze me when they click notes on their iPhones to make reminders and create presentations and slide shows for just about everything.  I’m not even sure they know what paper is…lol!  My brain is still back in the 60’s and early 70’s which were my schooling days!  

12 hours ago, Matt said:

I think most people use spreadsheet programs

I use Google Sheets and find it very convenient to use. It is a great way to estimate the total cost for the trip (cabin cost, gratuities, insurance, wifi, drinks/dining packages, shore excursions, hotel and flights). You can even make some simple formulas that you just have to switch out the cabin cost and the number of nights to calculate the cost. 

I use a combination of spreadsheets and OneNote. Different workbooks for different trips (an example pic is below, there's more to the workbook that's not shown) and another workbook as a 10,000-foot level view of my Royal Caribbean cruises booked (for tracking and estimating overall expenses and C&A level). With OneNote, I have a notebook just for cruise planning and notes. I've attached a screenshot of my cruising notebook tabs. The notebook is for keeping track of information about places, ships, and policies. I also use it to keep track of the non-financial end of my cruise trip planning. So as I make decisions about what to do and see on and off the ship, or just the possibilities, it gets added in. There's a lot of information about cruising out there, but there really isn't a good central resource document. This notebook fills that gap for me.

OneNote Notebook.png

Cruise Planner Example.png

On 3/11/2023 at 6:20 PM, CruiserM said:

Help. I'm looking at planning a multi-cruise holiday and looking for an app/software where I can capture it.  I've used the royal app but am looking for one that I can plan/combine cruises from multiple lines.  Any suggestions?

I would think if you have a good travel agent and give them date ranges and where you want to go Caribbean, Alaska, etc.  They could give you all that with overall cost of your options along with what type of cabin you want or give them your price range and they can find cabins in that range.