Wonder of The Seas - Sky Suite Class Room For 6?

Is it me or has the Wonder of the Seas new suite layout limit families of 6 from entering the sky suite class by removing the Grand Suite 2 bedroom option. This feels like a double whammy. We basically need to move up to Star Class, for one of the awesomely beautiful but ridiculously costly cabins that can fit 5+, OR we have to drop out of suite class to 5+ family cabin. 

The next question is "are you willing to drop out of suite class?". Answer: Not Really. While Matt's connecting stateroom advice on the surface works, I often find that two staterooms are within a stones throw of what one Grand Suite 2 bedroom would have cost, with ZERO of the very attractive, vacation making, suite perks. 

Let me know if I'm missing any options on the Wonder of the Seas. 

On 3/1/2023 at 11:54 AM, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Is it me or has the Wonder of the Seas new suite layout limit families of 6 from entering the sky suite class by removing the Grand Suite 2 bedroom option. This feels like a double whammy. We basically need to move up to Star Class, for one of the awesomely beautiful but ridiculously costly cabins that can fit 5+, OR we have to drop out of suite class to 5+ family cabin. 

The next question is "are you willing to drop out of suite class?". Answer: Not Really. While Matt's connecting stateroom advice on the surface works, I often find that two staterooms are within a stones throw of what one Grand Suite 2 bedroom would have cost, with ZERO of the very attractive, vacation making, suite perks. 

I've ran into this problem as a family of 6. We're booked on odyssey this summer in a grand suite with a balcony next door (balconies connect but not rooms). We will get perks of the suite. While the kids were hoping as most of them are kids they will let them eat with us.  It seems that on newer ships there are less and less suites for large families. While icon does have more variety ships like wonder, odyssey have less. The key is to book them as soon as they are released.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:54 AM, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Unfortunately you aren't missing anything. You either have to go 2 suites or no suites since there are only suite cabins up on floors 17 and 18, so you can't even do a 1-BR with a neighboring balcony or across the hall inside. 

The best Star Class room deals on the Oasis class ships are the 2-BR aquatheater rooms which can fit 8, though. But landing a good deal requires a lot of flexibility and early booking usually.