Group dining in the Main Dining Restaurant

Attila B

I will be sailing onboard the Spectrum of the seas in April 2023 with my friends. There are a total of 4 bookings (8 people). We all booked late dining 8 pm. My question is how can I make sure we have the same table? How can I organize it in advance?

Also it will be my 50th birthday. Can I order a birthday cake in advance and if so, how I can do that for 8 people?

On 2/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, Attila B said:

I will be sailing onboard the Spectrum of the seas in April 2023 with my friends. There are a total of 4 bookings (8 people). We all booked late dining 8 pm. My question is how can I make sure we have the same table? How can I organize it in advance?

Also it will be my 50th birthday. Can I order a birthday cake in advance and if so, how I can do that for 8 people?

What I like to do is to head to the main dining room for lunch on embarkation day, and while you're there, give the crew there the room numbers of all the guests you want to be seated together with. The crew would be more than happy to help make arrangements. You might even be able to request a specific area, like near the windows etc.

Not sure on the cake request though.

We too have a group of 8.  I requested that we all be seated together via my travel agent (large Warehouse travel).  Others have said that you can contact RCL at rcldining@rccl.com and request the table arraignment.

I would make sure to include Ship, sailing dates, traveler's names, cabin numbers and even reservation numbers. I try to add as much information as I can so there are no questions as to your intent.

On 2/24/2023 at 9:22 AM, Attila B said:

We did this last month on Wonder (6 people, 3 separate reservations). We had the early traditional dining seating time in the MDR. We also just linked 3 reservations for our upcoming sailing in OCT as well. As you likely know, linking reservations in the Cruise Planner does not link your seating in the MDR.

The easiest way is to call Royal CS ahead and provide all 4 reservation numbers and ask them to link them together for MDR seating (table for 8, etc.) in the system. They have a term for this... I'm sorry I forgot! However, one person from each party will need to also call afterward to confirm that those are their wishes/seating preference as well (they won't take the word of just one person for all reservations of course). 

When we boarded, there was nothing for us to do... Additionally, all 6 of our SeaPass cards had the same table number printed on the cards from the start. The problem with waiting to board to link your reservations is that you will wind up with whatever table is still available and unassigned. This may be an issue with a larger party of 8... you don't want to be seated in the back or next to the kitchen, etc.

Happy Birthday in advance! I would also ask Royal CS when you make the call about the cake arrangements... If they are not helpful, you can also IM them through their Facebook page (they are pretty responsive). You definitely want to make them aware that you are celebrating a birthday! I would make the table arrangement request by phone, not via Facebook.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:07 PM, Pooch said:

Don’t waste time on the phone, email rcdining@rccl.com with cruise information and reservation numbers & request a table. Do this 2 weeks prior to the cruise.  They should send a reply with the assigned table number.

@Pooch Is it...

rcdining@rccl.com

or

rcldining@rccl.com

Kind of a newbie so I've not used the e-mail before, but I have rcLdining@rccl.com in my notes that I keep. With the added L