Ensenada Wine Excursions

JNichols

Going on Navigator for Memorial Day weekend this year. Has any one gone on either of these shore excursions in Ensenada that Royal Caribbean offers? Or have any opinions on these options? 

Calafia Valley Wine Country - $45/person 

Overview: Delight in Ensenada’s exquisite flavors as you embark on a winery tour and tasting adventure through Mexico’s fertile Calafia Valley region. Hear tales of the area’s history, people and culture while traveling alongside an informative guide via motor coach. Visit two renowned wineries in the famed Calafia Valley wine-growing province, home to the country’s largest wine producers. Tour the expansive vineyards, roam the cellars, and then enjoy a taste of award-winning red and white varieties.

Art of Seduction. Fine Wine Tasting & Gourmet Lunch - $125/person

Overview: Uncover the secrets of Mexico’s wine country and tantalize your taste buds during this exclusive wine tasting experience, followed by a delectable three-course meal with views of the vineyards.

Based on reading the descriptions it seems like the Calafia option is just transportation to two wineries while the Art of Seduction is transportation, a wine tasting, and a meal included in the price. Currently we are leaning towards Art of Seduction, it is more expensive but it also is 21+ only while Calafia is not 21+. Having no kids seems like a nice option. On the other hand, is it worth 2x the other option? 

Any thoughts? 

5 hours ago, JNichols said:

Calafia Valley Wine Country - $45/person 

Overview: ... and then enjoy a taste of award-winning red and white varieties.

Based on reading the descriptions it seems like the Calafia option is just transportation to two wineries ..

I could be wrong but it looks like Calafia Valley Wine Country also includes a wine tasting.  So is the lunch worth $80?  

I don't have any experience with these tours but I usually pick the one with the meal because that means I will have more time at one of the wineries. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Calafia Valley Wine Country I just did this 2 weeks ago had two tasting at two different wineries. It took 45 mins to get to the wine country. First winery was called Finca Tre' got a great tour and to take pictures with the horses in the stables felt like a high end Napa tour. 2nd winery was a more artisan winery called La Casa de Dona Lupe was able to taste different types of cheese, salsas and breads both had 4 different wines for tasting. I enjoyed our guide and driver and would recommend $50 price was well worth it 

IMG_3878.jpeg

IMG_9151.jpeg

IMG_3863.jpeg

IMG_3867.jpeg

• 1 month later...