Two Reservations on Same night

StaceyAv

4 hours ago, StaceyAv said:

Can you have reservations at My Time Dining and a specialty restaurant on the same night, or one reservation per night? 

You can. MTD only holds 15min, but specialty blocks out 2hrs. So you could book specialty at 5:30, a show at 7:30 and then MTD at 8:15/8:30

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

You can. MTD only holds 15min, but specialty blocks out 2hrs. So you could book specialty at 5:30, a show at 7:30 and then MTD at 8:15/8:30

I had a similar question.  For our upcoming cruise, I reserved My Time Dining at 6:45pm for each night of our 7 night cruise.  I also have a 3 night dining package booked and plan on heading over to a specialty restaurant once on board to make those three dinner reservations.  Would I be precluded, for example, from making a specialty restaurant reservation at 6:30pm because of the MTD reservation?  If so, are the specialty restaurants simply able to cancel the MTD reservation for the particular day and slot in the specialty restaurant reservation?

9 hours ago, hurls15 said:

I had a similar question.  For our upcoming cruise, I reserved My Time Dining at 6:45pm for each night of our 7 night cruise.  I also have a 3 night dining package booked and plan on heading over to a specialty restaurant once on board to make those three dinner reservations.  Would I be precluded, for example, from making a specialty restaurant reservation at 6:30pm because of the MTD reservation?  If so, are the specialty restaurants simply able to cancel the MTD reservation for the particular day and slot in the specialty restaurant reservation?

You would have to cancel any MTD reservations to slot any specialty dining. As previously stated, you could do 7pm for specialty dining because they require 2hr blocks to be held while still keeping the 6:45 MTD reservations but not the other way around.

I think it depends on the ship and who is doing the reservation-making.

On one of our recent sailings (I believe it was our January SY sailing), I had previously made some online MTD reservations b/c I wasn't sure that we were going to keep our UDP.   But we decided to keep the UDP anyway, so when I got to the kiosk to make those UDP reservations, I already had some MTD times, that I was not going to use.  I assumed (always a mistake) that the gent that made the UDP reservations was simultaneously cancelling the MTD reservations, but, of course, he did not.  Not only did I have overlapping MTD/UDP reservations, but on some nights, I had MULTIPLE UDP reservations, and no reservations at all for other nights.  It was a Charlie Foxtrot....and if it had not been for the wonderful Diamond Concierge, our bookings would have been indecipherable.  Of course, the app was no help at all and didn't have ANY of it right...but the Concierge fixed everything.  So...I know that it is entirely possible to have overlapping UDP and MTD reservations...and it's not always easy to get it fixed !