Genie Question

This will depend on the demand for the sailing. I believe they do hold some excursions back and anticipate cancellations. My Genie experience was early during the restart, I am told lots of perks have diminished. I think you should communicate with your Genie what you are interested in, so maybe they can be on the lookout for cancellations and openings.

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

This will depend on the demand for the sailing. I believe they do hold some excursions back and anticipate cancellations. My Genie experience was early during the restart, I am told lots of perks have diminished. I think you should communicate with your Genie what you are interested in, so maybe they can be on the lookout for cancellations and openings.

Have filled out the Questionnaire Email. Just haven't had contact with the Genie yet. 37 Days til warmth and sunshine

33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No way to really know whether the Genie can magically get space on a sold-out excursion but I would temper my expectations and be pleasantly surprised if it happens 

Yep that's what I was planning for. Was going to ask and see. Never know if you don't ask. It was a Salsa making, Margarita, and Salsa dancing Excursion in Costa Maya and then getting into the Coco Beach Club( just access, not asking for Chairs or anything else.) Not asking for free either, wanting to pay for them.

Won't post here either if we are granted access through Genie pulling strings. Will just answer question by ask and see what happens. Don't want to ruin what the genie is able to do behind the scenes.

It is my understanding that if an excursion is sold out in the Cruise Planner, it's sold out. However, what the genie can do is get you priority access on the waiting list (through Shore Excursions). What that means is by the time of sailing, if people get on board and move things around (I am told that happens frequently), then Star will get priority before others. 

I strongly advise continually checking the cruise planner before sailing. This just happened to me recently where an excursion I really wanted sold out before I could get to it. I checked obsessively since Black Friday. Last night, after dinner, it popped back up and I was able to grab it. Had it not, I was ready to ask the Genie when they reach out in a month or so to get me on the waitlist.