labadee floating bar

RCLblue10

I visited Labadee in February 2022. I was excited for the floating bar, but in my experience it was kind of a disappointment. 

I don't know how many seats there are, but not that many... maybe it can hold 20ish people including standing room? 30 would probably be uncomfortable. You can see a picture of it here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/04/18/spotted-royal-caribbean-adds-new-swim-bar-labadee Also more pictures of it if you Google 'labadee floating bar'

As I recall, we were able to wade to the bar. I think the water may have been waist high, possibly even lower. (Actually, that looks right with the photos Google returned.) On the day we went, it was quite windy and the water was choppy. The water in this area was also a bit uncomfortably murky, possibly due to the weather...  we couldn't see our feet. I don't recall any rocks, but there was seaweed. If you're squeamish about this stuff, I would recommend water shoes. 

You have to hoist yourself up a little ladder to get onto the bar platform. Probably fine, but mentioning just in case. 

We climbed up onto the bar, took a look around, decided it was just too crowded and left. The idea of it sounded nicer than it actually was. 

Labadee overall, however, is lovely. 

Hi @RCLblue10!

We were there last Friday (1/13) on Wonder... exact same experience as @S. Noble.

Wade through waist to chest deep water, then climb up the way too short ladder (needs more steps to be lower in the water). Only wooden benches around the perimeter... no seating at the bar. The water is not clear near the floating bar and be careful where you step when approaching to climb up the ladder.

Yes, bring your SeaPass cards. At least when we were there last week, they do not have a WiFi connection to the ship and cannot check your account and/or swipe your card. They need the physical SeaPass card to confirm your DBP, record your stateroom, and record all of your drinks. Old school pen and pad - no tech!

A pic from Friday of the floating bar to give you an idea...

71E35CD2-4E9C-4B5F-893E-846157CBD456.thumb.jpeg.3909d01a4d77288ce4b95c11caeebb05.jpeg

Another pic from a past sailing...

A50052C8-90CE-4DA1-841E-B5A6A5EBE7D4.thumb.jpeg.2f8c292e7ec033d887a63b1067aeac0c.jpeg

Have a great time!

Also, make sure to check your account afterwards. I had DBP in April 2022 when we stopped in Labadee and got a couple of drinks on the island. Because there was no wifi and they recorded the drinks by hand, they accidentally ended up charging me for a couple of the drinks instead of applying it to the DBP. It was a quick fix at Guest Services though. 🙂

1 hour ago, tjcruisers said:

We were there a few months ago, just wade up. One additional world of warning, if you notice from the pictures half has shade half full sun. The shaded side fills up pretty quick. Those on the sun side resemble the colour of the lobster on your plate at dinner that night.

Also, when we were on last week, the sunny side filled up and they asked a number of folks to come to the other side to balance the floating bar/barge!  😄

In December, it was rocky, murky and filled with seaweed - people that wandered out to the bar either were athletic enough to pull themselves up onto the short ladder or got a boost from below or a pull from on top.  Coming off the ladder, people were taking that big step off into a murky unknown and a few hit rocks as they took a step of faith from the bottom rung of the ladder.  

It was enough for me to look and say "nah, not worth it" and just stick to being served from the loungers.